CHAPTER 48: Let's Get Angry!

A few days later, Bella walked out to the edge of the woods and hiked a great distance. As she was walking, she noticed a scent behind her. Her father's scent. She ignored the fact that he was following her and she kept walking  until she came upon the cliff that looked over Beacon Hills.

"Wow." she said, admiring the view.

Why haven't I seen this view before?, she wondered

Bella took in the sight as she sat down against a tree as she let her mind wander. She thought back to everything that had happened this past year. All good and bad.

Bella was right to be under so much stress but she should let her affect her this much. Why was she suffering so much? Why was she filled up with so much anger and sadness? Bella was nearing thirteen. She's gone through so much in her short life that no one should go through.

She often asked herself: Why me?

She never asked for any of this. She never asked for her family to be so broken. She never asked to be a part of the supernatural world. Bella often thought of what her family would be like had they not been. What her life would have been if the entire Hale family were alive. If her father had not been burned and put into a coma for six years. If none of it had happened.

Bella angrily wiped away the tears that stained her cheeks, grunting as she got up off the ground as she made her way back to the apartment

From afar, Peter could feel his daughter's frustration and anger and sadness. For the first time in a long time, Peter had no idea what to do. It was making him feel restless. He felt like he was failing as a father. He then darted off in another direction in order to beat Bella home. He made his way back to the apartment and was prepared to act like nothing happened.

By the time Bella returned home, Peter was on the couch, pretending to read one of his books.

"And where did you take off to?" Peter asked in a tease.

"Don't do that." Bella stated

"Do what?" Peter asked

"I know you were following me in the woods, dad."

Peter looked up from the book in shock. "So, you knew?"

"Of course, I did." Bella told Peter "Not that I don't appreciate your concern but I just wanted to be left alone."

"I understand that but you can't just go wandering off by yourself, let alone in Beacon Hills." Peter informs her "It's not safe."

Bella then asked the hard question "When will it ever be?" 

Peter sighed "It's like I told you. Beacon Hills will always be a beacon to the supernatural."

Bella shook her head as she looked down to her feet. "Sometimes I wonder what our life would be like if we weren't werewolves."

Peter stilled. Had she really said that? Peter struggled to restrain himself as the silence stretched on for what seemed to be for eternity. Soon, not even the sound of them breathing could be heard.

"It's not like it means anything to you anyways. " Bella eventually said, quietly.

Peter's own eyes narrowed, "Do you think I don't ever wonder that myself?"

"The thought never occurred to me." Bella stuttered

"Then it seems that we have a lot to talk about." Peter said getting up from the couch

"What is there to talk about?" Bella snapped

Peter then had an idea. "I want to try something with you. We are going back into the woods. Deep into the woods." Peter told her. Bella looked up at him confused. "It's more training, kind of."