CHAPTER 25: We Need to Talk

When they arrived at the loft, Bella's face turned to disappointment.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked

"I don't have a way to get inside. I don't have my key." Bella says, not knowing what to do

"Not to worry. I'll get you in." Peter says as he pulled his key out and opened the door to the loft  "My lady..." he said extending his arm

Bella laughed out loud "Very funny."

"Heh, I can be funny. I'm gonna go grab some boxes in the trunk. I'll be right back."

Bella went inside the loft. She had not been back since before Erica had hurt her. She walked up to her room and it was exactly how she left it. When Peter 'died' she didn't bother to pick up after himself. Everything was scattered all over.

Bella looked around and stopped when she noticed something laid out across her bed. She went to pick it up and saw it was the leather jacket that Peter had gotten her, the one that was delivered to the loft after his so-called death. She held it in her hands and just merely observed it until Peter came in.

Bella looked up and saw that Peter was looking at what she was holding. "Wait, is that...?"

Bella nods. "It came after you 'died'. Couldn't bring myself to wear it."

Peter nods in understanding "I get it. It was the last thing I had bought for you. Didn't want to put it in terrible conditions."

"Yeah." Belle whispered

Peter came over and took the jacket out of her hands. "You'd wear it now, won't you?"

Belle just looks at Peter

"Come on, give your old man a piece of mind." Peter smiled as he helped Bella put the jacket on her.

Bella clutches the jacket in her hands as she looks at herself wearing the jacket in the mirror. She did look great in it.

She lets out a smile "It's really great."

"Hales have always looked good in leather jackets." Peter said as he kissed the top of her head "You look beautiful, sweetheart."

Belal blushed "Stop."

"What? Can't a father compliment his daughter?"

"Not when she has a big ass car across her face." Belle remarked

Peter shrugged "Doesn't mean you are any less beautiful"

Belle just smiled back as she turned around and wrapped her arms around Peter's waist, snuggling her head against his chest. "Thank you, daddy."

"You're quite welcome." Peter said placed his chin on the top of her head and wrapped his arms around her.

The two of them stayed that way for a moment until Peter pulled them apart "Let's start packing, shall we?"

Bella and Peter practically stuffed all her belongings in the boxes they currently had. Anything they couldn't get, they would come back for later. They got into Peter's car and drove thirty minutes downtown to the apartment complex that Peter was now residing in.

"This is where you are living?" Bella asked

"Do you not like it?"

"No, it's great! It just wasn't what I was expecting."

"And just what were you expecting? Another loft?"

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure."

Peter chuckled.