CHAPTER 72: Reconciled

Stiles followed Peter back through the tunnel and sat down on a bench.

The old woman next to him turned to face him.

"I'm waiting for a train." she said

"It's probably running late." he told her

"I'm going to see my grandchildren. Who are you going to see?"

"No one" Stiles said

An announcement crackles over the speakers

"The following stops have been canceled. Hallatine, Baddon, Bay Burry, Deer Ridge, Red Oak, Trentomn, Anderson, King Springs."

"There's a PA system." Stiles thought to himself

Stiles scans the room for the source of the announcements. After a moment, he finds the speaker on the wall, nestled into a corner near the arrivals board. Stiles sees where the wire leaves from it, across the room and back towards the other end of the station.

Peter is standing by a pillar watching Stiles

"Intercom." he says "Maybe radio?"

"Let's go have a look." Stiles suggests and the two of them made there way across the room.

They walk around the communications room looking at the machines and all the different knobs and wires. It was like a maze.

"Your theory is ridiculous." Peter says "Magnetic disruption and a few pixelated photos doesn't mean you can use a ham radio to communicate across a supernatural barrier. Ghost Riders can't be seen, heard or remembered. Do you really think they would leave a gadget around so you can use it to call your friends"

Peter turns a knob and makes a high pitched noise causing them both to cover their ears. Stiles carries on looking at the wires.

The high pitched noise could be heard from downstairs on the platform and Bella rose from her seat. Eventually, she makes her way in front of the sign with the destinations on the board, written with "on time" or "delayed". Bella could feel that something was off.

Back up in the communications room "Take your time, no rush." Peter says sarcastically "Only thing at stake is any evidence of our existence, soon to be forgotten."

"Okay, not helping." Stiles says

When Stiles turns another knob, Peter hears the Ghost Riders coming and quickly grabs Stiles and pulls him from the room. As they ran, Stiles couldn't help but notice someone that seemed familiar but he couldn't tell who that was. They both hide behind a pillar watching as a Ghost Rider enters the room looking around.

"In case you are keeping count, that's twice I've saved your life today." Peter says

"Peter, wait!" Stiles said, stopping Peter in his tracks

"What now?" Peter asked in annoyance

Stiles looked straight ahead towards the girl who was looking at the sign. "Is that who I think it is?"

Peter looked towards where Stiles was looking. At who he was looking at. Up ahead was a figure so familiar that Peter would know the shape from anywhere. Peter froze, thinking that it wouldn't be possible. It couldn't be. Peter didn't take his eyes off the small figure ahead as he moved towards her. As he got closer, Peter began to recognize the girl as his daughter.

"Bella?" Peter said.

But Bella did not move. Almost as if she didn't hear him or if she was in the trance.

"Bella?" Peter said again

Bella still didn't respond.

Peter then reached out, placing a hand on her shoulder, which startled her completely, causing her to turn, tripping backwards on her own heels and falling to the ground. She looked and her eyes landed on Peter standing before her with worry, raising his hands up to assure her that he wasn't going to hurt her.