CHAPTER 26: A Debt and a Promise

Days have passed. Bella has started to settle into her new home with her dad. The two grew closer and closer as the time went on, making up for all the lost time.

One night, Peter had suggested that they would go out for dinner in town.

"That sounds great!" Bella said excitedly

Bella went to take a shower and clean up before going to dinner. She walked back to the living room and saw Peter sitting on the couch reading. She sat down beside him.

"What are you reading?" Bella asked

"It's an old, sort of dictionary but for the supernatural. It's called the Beastiary." Peter explained

"The Beastiary? Gerard had one." Bella said as she took the book from Peter's hand "I never looked at it though."

Bella looked through the book with Peter until the clock was reaching 5pm. The two left to go out to dinner. They pulled up to a Japanese restaurant

"Do you like sushi?" Peter asked

"Never tried it." Bella replied, "I do like Chinese food so if the sushi isn't' for me, I can always get something else"

"It's a Japanese place. Not Chinese."

"Did I get that wrong this whole time?" Bella looked at Peter confusingly

Peter shrugged as he laughed "I guess so."

"No matter. I've been here before with Laura."

"Have you?"

"Yeah."

Peter turned off the ignition and they went inside the restaurant. They were seated in a booth in the far corner.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the waitress came up, placing a hand on Peter's bicep while seductively batting her eyelashes at him.

Peter ignored her flirty attempts "We'll have the sushi appetizer to start with. What do you want, kiddo?"

"I'll get the beef lo mein." Bella told the waitress

The waitress looked Bella up and down, rolling her eyes, screwing her nose in disgust before walking away.

Bella looked back at Peter "Ten bucks says she's going to spit in my drink."

Peter laughed slightly, "Now, why would she do that?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe she kind of hates me because you didn't give her any attention when she was begging for it."

Peter looked up at Bella "What?"

"You do know she was flirting with you?"

"Did she? I didn't notice."

The waitress seductively walked back to Peter and Bella. She had clearly just gone and touched her make-up, hair, and a few of her shirt buttons were undone to show more cleavage.

"Here's your drinks." she said as she sat Bella drink down, then leaving over more necessary so she was giving full view of the cleavage, placing Peter's drink down, lingering there a few seconds

Once standing up straight, she flipped her hair to one side. "The name is Indiana. My friends call me Wild because I always deliver on a wild night." she said, biting her lip "Here's my number. I'm available whenever you need."

Bella choked back on her drink as Peter pushed the number away, rolling his eyes "I don't want it."

"Are you crazy?" Belle started, making the waitress look at her "Let me give you a piece of advice. Before you try to flirt with a guy, like with my dad here, just like you were. Make sure he's not with his family. Go find some dignity and self-respect. Seriously, that was tragically desperate. Cringe worthy, really."