Chapter 22: Hales Have Records Too

After a big championship lacrosse game at the high school, it was discovered that Jackson had died on the field and Stiles was missing. Scott and Isaac were in the locker room with the Sheriff and the coach.

"I got to meet with the medical examiner to try and figure out what happened with Jackson." said Sheriff Stilinski "I've got an APB out on Stiles. Hius jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means...I don't know what that means. Look, if he answers his phone, his emails, if any of you see him..."

"We'll call you" Isaac promised

After the sheriff and coach leaves, Scott and Isaac goes to Stiles locker

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac asked as Scott grabs a shirt and hands Isaac a shoe.

"Yeah."

"How come you get his shirt and I get his show?" Isaac complained

"We need to talk."

The boys turned around to see Derek.

"All of us." said Peter as he came in from behind Derek with a smirk.

"What the hell is this?" Scott asked in shock as he saw Peter

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station."

"Hold on." said Scott "He threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous." said Peter

"Shut up!" Scott and Derek said in unison

"Who is he?" Isaac asked

"He's Peter. Derek's uncle. He is also Bella's father. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat." Scott explained

"Hi." Peter waved

"That's good to know" Isaac said sarcastically

"How is he alive." Scott asked

"Look, the short version is that he knows how to stop Jackson." said Derek "Maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful except that Jackson is dead." Isacc said

Derek and Peter look at the boys in confusion

"What?" Derek said

"Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." said Scott, confirming it.

Derek looks back at Peter, who doesn't look thrilled

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac asks

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen." said Peter "Gerard wanted it to happen."

"But why?" Derek asks

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out." said Peter as he moved closer to Scott and Isaac. "And something tells me that the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly"

Back at the old Hale House, Scott and Isaac followed Derek and Peter. Peter bend down and opened a loose staircase

"What is that, a book?" Derek asked as Peter pulled a case

"No, it's a laptop." said Peter "What century are you living in?"

Derek rolled his eyes

"A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything that we had. Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only ones that keep records."

Scott's phone rings. "Hey mom, I can't talk right now."

"Oh yeah?" said Melissa on the other end of the line 'Well, I'm so freaked out that I can barely talk either."

"What's wrong?" Scott asked

"Something...definitely something. I don't know what but I think you're gonna want to see this for yourself."

Scott and Isaac left to go to the hospital. When they got there, they found out that Jackson was in some kind of casing. Almost like a cocoon.

Peter and Derek were looking at the laptop to try and find information.

Derek was on the phone with Scott "They say that he is in some kind of transparent casing made from the venom coming out of his claws"

"That sounds officially terrifying." said Peter sarcastically

"They also say that he is starting to move."

"I think I found something," said Peter. "Looks like what you're seeing from Jackson is just the Kanima's beta shape."

"Meaning what? It can turn into something bigger?" Derek asks

Peter leans back into his chair as he is stunned by what he sees on the computer "Bigger and badder."

"He's turning into that?!" Derek said in shock "That has wings!"

"I can see that."

"Scott, bring him to us." Derek said into the phone

"I'm not sure we have time for that." said Scott

Jackson was starting to move a lot more.

"Look, somebody actually made an animation of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we..." said Peter as he clicks a button on the computer. The animation made a loud screeching sound which made Peter and Derek jump back.

Peter slams his laptop shut "Nope, not at all. We should probably meet them halfway."

Derek tells Scott to get Jackson out of the hospital right away. Chris Argent later showed up at the hospital to help Scott and Isaac with Jackson. Chris had enough of what Gerard is doing and would do anything to stop him. Gerard was beginning to ruin the life of Allison and Bella's. He was about to not let Gerard corrupt the minds of two children.

"We don't have much in common, Scott. But at the moment, we share a common enemy" Chris said

"That's why I'm trying to get him out of here." said Scott

"I wasn't talking about Jackson." Chris said "Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head in the same way he did with Kate. And I'm losing her. And I know you are losing her too. What's worse is that he's beginning to corrupt the mind of a twelve year old girl. Derek's cousin"

"Bella? She's alright?"" Scott asked

"She won't be unless we can stop her and Allison from going down the wrong path."

"Wait, if she is with you then she doesn't know about...?" Isaac started to say before interrupted by Scott

"You're right. So can you trust me to fix this?" Scott questions

Chris nods

"So you'll let us go?"

"No." said Chris. "My car is faster."

Everyone got in Chris' car with Jackson in the back and drove off.

Back at the Argent house, Gerard woke Allison and Bella up. "Get dressed."

"What's going on?" Bella asked

"We're going to war. It is time to confront Derek and his pack"

Bella lets off an evil grin "It's about damn time."

Gerard smirks back with a plan in store for when they arrive at their destination.

The three of them got in the car and drove off.