CHAPTER 53: Clairvoyance

Bella woke up the next morning and was met by Derek. Peter was nowhere in sight.

"Hey, Der." Bella greeted as she came down the stairs.

Derek looked up at Bella in surprise. Bella never had the chance to talk to Derek since he came back. She wanted to try and make things right with her cousin.

"Hey, Bella." Derek replied back

Bella moved closer to Derek

"Derek, I never had the chance to thank you for helping me and dad out yesterday. While I confess, I hated having the wolfsbane burned out of me, I just wanted to say thanks."

Derek's eyes widened in surprise "It's no problem. How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been kicked by a mule. And I have never been kicked by one so how would I know how that feels?"

Derek slightly laughed "It just takes time to heal. Turn around, let me check the wound."

Bella turned and lifted the back of her shirt up to where the Mute had stabbed her. Derek looked it over and the wound was fading away. "Looks pretty good. It's scarred right now but it'll fade soon."

"Great." Bella said lifting her shirt back down.

Bella looked around the loft "Where's my dad?"

Derek rolled his eyes "Who knows. Probably on another kill...."

Derek stopped himself before he said anymore

"Another what Derek?" Bella asked, crossing her arms.

"Forget it."

"Derek, what do you know!?" Bella demanded "Did my dad hurt someone?"

"More or less." Derek stated

Bella sighed "What did he do now?"

"He killed the guy with no mouth." Derek replied

Bella relaxed a bit "Oh, so he killed our would be assassin?"

"I was with the sheriff to arrest him when Peter came and killed him. He did it right in front of us. It's not how we do things anymore" Derek tells her

"True for you. Don't beat yourself up over it. At least he killed another killer, right?"

"Why are you defending him, Bella?" Derek argued

"I probably would have done the same, Derek." Bella confessed "This assassin messed with the wrong family. "

Bella then left the loft in anger and ran into the woods. The anger she felt inside was painful. Sure, the Mute tried to kill them, but Peter didn't have to go as far as ending the Mute's life.

Bella ran deep into the woods, up to the edge that overlooks Beacon Hills. Bella stopped running and gazed over the town. With every exhale, she growled, but the anger was still there. Bella turned swiftly and let her fist collide with a tree as she shifts. Suddenly, the anger began to fade. Bella hit the tree again and again until her hands were bloodied and the anger was gone. She then walked back over to the overlook of the town and sat on the large rock as she shifts back

Bella picked up Peter's scent nearby "I know you're here. You may as well come out and talk to me." Bella said out loud.

"I understand that you're angry...I'm sorry." Peter said as he approached.

Bella scoffed as Peter took a seat next to her

"You know, I had a pretty bad day yesterday before I found out what you did last night but after..." Bella let out a long sigh as she shakes her head. "Yeah, I'm angry."