Chapter 10: Daddy's Home

Derek agreed to work with Peter. He was reluctant but Peter was the only family he had left. But he still didn't trust him.

Derek, Bella and Peter arrived at the high school just as the lacrosse match ended. Once the three of them got to the locker room, Derek shut down the lights and they stayed out of sight while watching for Scott.

"Danny?' Scott's voice said

Derek rolled a lacrosse ball towards Scott. He picked it up and walked towards Derek, Derek had stood there stiff and straight. Scott looked relieved

"Thank god! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?"

Peter then walks into the view holding a lacrosse stick in one hand and Bella's hand in the other.

"I really don't get lacrosse." Peter said

"It was you..." Scott trails off in shock

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. That's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict. IS that right? I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott, but I need your help to do it."

Scott looked back at Derek in horror

"I'm not helping you kill people." Scott said lowly

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. That doesn't have to include..." Peter trailed off, looking at Derek

"Allison." Derek supplied

"You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?" Scott asked Derek

"It was a mistake" Derek replied monotonously

"What?!"

"It happens."

"Scott, I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your potential" Peter said

"By killing my friends" Scott said

"Sometimes the people closest to you could be the ones holding you back the most"

Bella scoffed

"Something funny?" Peter asked Bella

"You don't really believe that, do you dad?" Bella asked him

"You too?" Scott asked Bella

"I think I know where my loyalties lie. Do you?" Bella asked Scott and he looked confused.

"Maybe you should try and see things from my perspective. " Peter spoke as his claws grew

Peter sunk his claws into the back of Scott's neck briefly before removing them. Scott falls to the floor, grunting.

"Well now, let's get out of here shall we?" Peter said

The three walked out to the car and drove to the loft. Derek said he had things to do and took off, leaving behind Peter and Bella.

"Well then," said Peter, "At least now I get some quality time with my favorite daughter."

Bella smiled as she opened the door to the loft "I'm your only daughter, dad."

"Oh, well, favorite kid in the world." Peter said, wrapping an arm around Bella as the two of them walked inside the loft. Peter took a look around.

"You know, when you said that you and Laura were living here, I was expecting it to be a little more furnished and perhaps bright."

"That was Laura's doing." Bella said as she made her way to the fridge to grab herself a soda "She just said in case we had to suddenly leave, we wouldn't have to deal with getting rid of furniture or something. Just take what we have."

"Interesting concept." said Peter as he sat down on the couch

"You don't know half of it." Bella said as she sat down next to her father.

"Now, it wasn't all bad, was it?"

"No, just tough."

"Well, at least you don't have to worry about it now that I am back." Peter said, wrapping an arm around his daughter.

The two of them stayed like that for a while

"What's gonna happen now?" Bella asked

"Hmmm? What do you mean?"

"How do we just start this new chapter in our lives? You came back and I don't even know what we are supposed to do next?"

Peter smirked "Well, let's start by having the day together tomorrow, just the two of us? How does that sound?"

Bella smiled "I'd love that. So much. But, what about school?"

Peter snorted "To hell with it. You are miserable there. I'm disappointed that Laura didn't do anything more to help you."

Bella's eyes squinted in confusion

"What? Did you not think that I didn't hear everything you ever said to me all those years?"

"You heard...?"

Peter took Bella's hands. "Sweetheart, I had spent every day in agony. Not being able to move or talk was just a struggle. But the real pain I had to endure was not being able to be your dad. Your visits were the highlight of the week. I loved it when you came to talk to me, even when I couldn't talk back. I even enjoyed your movie nights. I've seen and heard everything. I have missed every moment of your life. There were so many times that you needed me and I couldn't be there to help you. I don't want that to happen again."

Peter cups Bella's face "You are the most important thing in the world to me. I am so proud to be your father and I promise to always be there for you, whenever you need me. I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere."

Tears began to well up in Bella's eyes as she clutched herself in her father's arms, not wanting to let go. "I've missed you so much, dad. It's been so hard. The pain I have been through...."

"I know," Peter said, soothing his daughter. "It doesn't matter now. You won't have to be in so much pain anymore. Daddy's home"