CHAPTER 84: Broken Glass

It was the middle of the night when Peter went back to the penthouse to find it reeking of blood. He runs inside to see glass all over the floor from a broken window and a blood trail that started out by the couch. He caught two scents. One of them belongs to his daughter. But the scents were faint now.

"Bella!" Peter yelled as he ran all over the penthouse looking for her.

Bella was nowhere to be found. Peter was panicking. He was scared, scared that something had happened to Bella and he wasn't there to protect her. He didn't know if she was dead or alive. Peter should not have left her alone tonight. 

Peter spent hours looking for her, trying to track her scent but he lost it.

In the morgue of Beacon Hills hospital, the Anuk-Ite walked in and stopped at a body before him.

"Not what you were hoping to find?" Gerard Argent said coming into the room, with his back to the Anuk-Ite. "You'll forgive me for not looking you in the eye while talking, I've heard stories about how lethal it can be."

The Anuk-Ite stares at Gerard curiously.

"I know what you want." said Gerard "You want your freedom. That means getting rid of people like Scott McCall."

"The Alpha" The Anuk-Ite said in  a demonic voice

"That's right. We both know that you can't beat him in a physical fight. You might be able to kill him with a look but you'd be surprised at how resourceful he can be."

"Your offer?" Anuk-Ite asked

"I will weaken him for you with the proper poison. Then you k9ill him and his friends and that will give you all the fear that you need to never get caught again."

"And you?"

"I'll drive every last one of their kind out of Beacon Hills. See this?" Gerard says holding up a bullet "A Silver bullet. Every legend has a little truth to it. Isn't that right? The legend is that you need silver to kill a werewolf. The truth? You need an Argent."

At Scott's house, Lydia runs inside, calling Scott's name. Only to get no answer.

A presence came up behind her.

"Hello Lydia." said Peter, startling Lydia.

"What are you doing here?" Lydia asked

"Looking for my daughters. What are you doing here?"

"Looking for Scott. Obviously."

"Why?" Peter asked

"Why are you looking for Malia and Bella?"

"Parental concern." Peter said, not revealing the reason why.

Lydia raises her eyebrow.

Peter glares at her "Why didn't you call Scott?"

"Why didn't you call either Malia or Bella?"

"This is...We're not...We're not getting very far with this conversation." Peter sighed

"I can't reach him." Lydia said

"Well, I can't reach either of my girls, or anyone." Peter said "There's reports that several cell towers in the area are down."

"Well that's not concerning at all."

"It's more than that."

"Monroe and Gerard?"

"They're cutting us off from the outside."

"And from each other."

"Which likely means that they've already started amassing troops on their side." Peter said