5. I Hate My Birthday!

****

Mu Qing was soaking in the warm water, but his whole body was throbbing. The whole place smelled like Feng Xin, and it was hard to deal with this so overwhelming scent. Now that his senses were sharpened, he desperately sought for somebody else's scent too, but he only caught a small trace of a scent that reminded him of Xie Lian for some reason.

Was this how it was going to be, from now on?  Was he going to be catching the scents of all Alphas out there?! It sounded like... torture!

But this also meant something else  –  Feng Xin had been on his own for a while now. Alone. Single??? Really?

Dammit.  

What did he care?! He had to stop with this meaningless crush! It was... horrible! It was painful!

The fact that Feng Xin had been touching him a lot, hugging him, letting him cuddle, and also  –  what his dad had called "scenting"  –  yea, he'd probably done that today too  –  all of this meant nothing

The fact that Feng Xin had been touching him a lot, hugging him, letting him cuddle, and also  –  what his dad had called "scenting"  –  yea, he'd probably done that today too  –  all of this meant nothing. It really didn't.

He looked down, sniffling, staring at his thin body, feeling his blood rush too quickly, feeling his erection, hidden by the bath water, ashamed, desperate, knowing that, if one trusted the stories, it would be like this for at least 3 days now...

He sighed. It was  horrible. He felt cold and hot at the same time, and he missed the taste of sugar in the air...

***

But then Mu Qing gasped, and listened more carefully. Yes.  Yes, the Alpha was on the phone with somebody. It was perhaps Dianxia... Oh god! Xie Lian was going to tell his parents all about it! His mom was already too excited to get him a present from whatever that event was... that she and his dad went to...

He hated his birthday! He hated how his parents were treating him as if he was still a kid! He hated presents... He hated... birthday parties... because they were... so lonely... and all the rich presents... meant nothing...

He almost sobbed, too emotional, but tried to hurry out of the bath-tub and go the Feng Xin to tell him not to tell Xie Lian, please, because his life's  already complicated as it is!

He looked around for a towel, but there was none. Dammit! How should he ask for one, if Feng Xin was on the phone now!?

He opened the door slightly, listening, sniffing the air  –  he just couldn't help himself now. What should he do?! He couldn't just walk in there, all naked!

He listened.

~~

- Hi, mom.

- What the hell is wrong this time?!

- Yea, don't yell at me like that! Trust me, I wouldn't be calling if I had a choice!

- Still a brat! Don't talk back to me like this! You are 24 now, quit acting like a spoilt kid, Feng Xin!