48. {| 99.9% |}

***

***

It was quite late already, but they took the bus to Mu Qing's parents' house. It was as if neither of them wanted to arrive there any time soon. The message was so short, and so disturbing that both felt quite anxious.

- Do you think I should take some time off work? This time?

It was the beginning of December and the night was quite cold. The bus was empty; just the two of them and an elderly man, snoring in one of the seats at the back. Feng Xin was hugging the boy's shoulders, trying to share his body heat with him as much as he could.

- I think we'll have to, pup. This time around. Dianxia will be gone for two weeks, but... I am not sure if things will be happening at the same time. Although, it's not a very good idea to close the bar at Christmas.  –  he smirked a little.

- Yea... last Christmas was so crazy...  -  Mu Qing mumbled, remembering. It had been really busy, but also  –  quite profitable.  –  Wait... Wait...! "We"???

He now looked up sharply, suddenly catching the meaning.

- You wanna... stay with... me?  -  he muttered quietly.

- Well, I have to.  –  Feng Xin grunted, self-importantly.  –  Someone has to take care of your skinny ass, you know!

- Alpha...

Mu Qing didn't feel that way. He felt super bloated all the time, he felt fat, as if he was already pregnant, and he was too sure he had gained weight. But it was a great feeling  –  his Alpha was smiling now, joking, and it meant he was in a good mood, and he smelled calm and reassuring. It was nice.

He hid his face in Feng Xin's clothes again, truly wondering if he could possibly live without this scent any more.

***

It was his father who opened the door this time, frowning a little because of the late hour, despite the fact that the boys had left their shift earlier tonight, in fact.