10. Lies And Birthday Alibis.

Source:  https://mobile.twitter.com/hualianrot/status/1575224586391916544

***

- I'm sorry.

Mu Qing was looking at the steaks as if they were his child who had hugely disappointed him by bringing home a poor mark from school.

- It's fine. I love it like that.  -  Feng Xin mumbled, actually really hungry.

- Hmmm.  –  the boy only raised an eyebrow, totally not  believing that.

- I mean it. I like the meat overdone.

Yea, that was a lie.  Most Alphas would prefer meat rather than salads, and they would rather eat their meat almost raw.

- My dad is an Alpha, you know.  –  Mu Qing huffed now. Did he think he was so stupid?!

- So?  -  Feng Xin huffed back.  –  My mom is an Alpha too! It means nothing!

- Oh, doesn't it?!  -  Mu Qing was fuming now, not so much because of the half-burnt steaks, but because he was being blatantly lied to.  –  Shall we call your mom and ask her about how she prefers her meat?!

- Call her! I dare you!  -  Feng Xin grinned now, almost imagining it.

- Huh!  -  Mu Qing puffed and truly went to check on the Alpha's phone again.  –  Asshole!

Feng Xin was far too hungry to be paying attention  –  he really didn't mind the fact that the Omega now turned his phone on, and started browsing through his calls log to find his mom's number. Subconsciously, he liked the notion of this little one being so comfortable with his stuff, with his clothes even, with his bathroom. He would deny it, naturally, if asked, but it was a warm, homey, calming feeling, and he liked it.

He secretly smiled, too. The little Omega had gone through the pains of making the meal look nice for him. Mu Qing had salvaged some traces of vegetables from the fast food sandwiches they had finished an hour ago, and now the steaks were arranged on a large plate, with some lettuce and tomato slices on the side, and also  –  there was a second plate with sliced salami, this time  –  with leftover bits of yellow cheese, and a single sad cucumber slice on the side.

It looked childish and totally ridiculous, but Feng Xin liked it. There was a really great aroma rising from the meat, and it was filling up the house. For some weird reason, he was reminded of Christmas again.

- Give it up, boy.  –  he mumbled, now chewing on the food greedily.  –  My mom will eat you alive!

Mu Qing was frowning, adamant to prove he was right,  and so he missed the faint blush that spilled over Feng Xin's cheeks. The words "eat you alive"  now had intensely sexual meaning to him, after all their heavy petting last night.

He had liked it. He was missing it.

- Shut up!  -  Mu Qing was already calling the number.  –  You should throw that away! It's bad, I'll cook something better for you!  –  he now pointed to his steaks, frowning even more.

- No!!!  –  the Alpha pouted now, and protectively hugged the plate (he had poured all the contents of both plates into one),  now placing it in his lap so that he could prevent anything bad   from happening to it. This one Omega was totally insane,  he had no doubts about it now!

Feng Xin was sulking, but eating with great appetite  –  he loved meat.

- The damned brat... who knew he could cook so well... it's actually good!