16. Subway.

***

The Beta smirked now. There was literally no way this Alpha was so very daft!  The boy had been so mesmerized by him, so in love, so trying to impress him, for such a long time, that only someone in a coma would not notice it!

He watched them now  –  Mu Qing purring lovingly, Feng Xin looking down on him, mesmerized  –  and just shook his head. Probably the theory that Alphas were only led by their senses and drives was too true. The Omegas smelled almost repulsive to him, and Mu Qing made no exception. Alphas' scent hit him like a train, usually, and made him dizzy, made his head hurt – unless it was his own Alpha. Xie Lian's scent was magical, too fine and pleasant to be described in simple words. His lover smelled better than anything else in the world  –  be it perfumes, or food, or nature. But he was marked. It made sense.

And those two... they were behaving strangely.

- What are you planning to do, Alpha?  –  he now mumbled.

- I will be going home. What else can I do?  –  Feng Xin looked utterly miserable, far too upset that he would have to leave the Omega defenseless.  –  If I stay here... it will only lead to...

- Sex.  -  Hua Cheng muttered. –  I know how babies are made, yea.

The Alpha ignored him. The boy was purring, like a cat, his whole body vibrating and warm, his face  –  buried in Feng Xin's top. His heart was racing, but his breathing was calm and even; he was taking a rest.

Suddenly, the bouncer stood up, and Hua Cheng gasped.

- When's the plane gonna land?  –  he growled at him now.

- GeGe said about 5 in the morning. What are you planning to do!?  –  Hua Chang frowned.

- I'll take care of things. Get your shit together. We're leaving.  –  the Alpha snarled.  –  And close all the fucking windows!

And he did. The Beta was amazed at how efficient and quick Feng Xin could be, if he wanted to. Whenever he had seen him at the bar, the bouncer was usually acting lazy and barely motivated to get out of his chair at the counter.

But not now. Feng Xin changed all the pillow cases and cushions that were moist after their make-out session, placing Mu Qing in the middle of it all, tucked carefully under fluffy blankets and bed covers. Perfect  –  it was a decent-looking nest. The boy was smiling blissfully, bathed in a generous dose of calming Alpha pheromones now, and Feng Xin smirked, pleased.

He then turned the air-conditioning on, just in case, suspecting the night would be cold after the terrible storm  –  it was almost winter already. Then he got dressed, but left his top behind for Mu Qing to cling to, once he was gone.

It all looked OK now... all but one last thing.

He took out the Omega suppressants from his pocket, staring at those thoughtfully. Yes, it had to be done.