34. My Darkness, Your Light. 🔞

****

Mu Qing obeyed, trembling.

The storm outside was terrible again  –  the sky was being ripped apart, and all the water in the world was falling down over the building, threatening to drown them, end them, obliterating all their sorrows, worries and petty quarrels.

Feng Xin hated this weather  –  and now that his dad had told him why  –  he hated it even more. There was something inevitably apocalyptic about such severe storms, and he hated them! Now it felt like he had very little time, so very little time before it was over.

What was supposed to be over? Their "lunch break"? Or slacking it at work today? Their shared desperate moment? Or maybe their lives...? Or their time on this earth, before the deluge took them away, washing them away from all existence, like two grains of sand.

He cared very little. He didn't care at all.

The boy locked the door, and he doubted anyone would be coming along any time soon before the downpour was over, but still. 

He had to do this right.

The settee looked too tempting now, but it could easily be seen from the outside through the window, and he knew that Mu Qing would never be able to relax like this. He needed him... cornered.

- Fucking Omega!  –  he hissed now, grabbing his hand.

Mu Qing gasped  –  the powerful Alpha was dragging him to the back of the bar, to a small cellar room where they kept the cleaning liquids and the mops, and also  –  some random forgotten umbrellas and coats customers sometimes left behind, too drunk to care. Mu Qing had often fussed about all the trash in here, but Xie Lian was adamant that someone just might come along one day and search for their stuff. His innocent smile was disarming the bartender's irritation, and making his itch to clean up  the place subside.

He had no time to try and find the switch to the lights  –  Feng Xin just pushed him inside roughly. Still, the Alpha left the door open, so a little bit of dim light came in from the bar, albeit not too much  –  it was not even 5 o'clock yet, but because of the storm, the day was too grey and murky, and dark.

- Alpha...  -  he whimpered, not because of any pain of being manhandled so roughly, but because he was scared now.

- Shut up, brat.

Feng Xin came onto him menacingly, forcing him to walk backwards, stepping back, until his back hit a wall  –  the Alpha got him into a corner, just next to some old, faulty refrigerator, totally empty and forgotten here in the dust and the dark.

He was panting, and his heart was racing so wildly that it almost hurt. He had never been afraid of Feng Xin before, but now he truly saw what being an Alpha meant  and looked like. The young man seemed huge in the semi-darkness, his heavy breathing sounded like some horror blend of growling and wheezing, and his eyes were wide and blood-shot.