6. My Birthday Present Is You.🔞

Feng Xin could not sleep. The storm outside was epic, and tonight of all fucking nights, when he needed his composure the most, he was so nervous, and so anxious, that his heart was pounding against his ribs, and it was making him sick.

He wondered whether the little one could sleep at all, in there, in his bedroom.

He wasn't quite sure why he hated thunders so much. He had begged his dad to tell him, but the Omega always refused. And his mom would just mock him for being weak,  so there was no chance of her telling him anything.

He sighed; he missed his dad. Perhaps tomorrow he would text him? Tonight he had spoken with his mother  –  and that had to be enough for the next... couple of months!  At least!

He huffed and turned in the uncomfortable sofa. One more reason he couldn't sleep. He missed his bed.

Dammit, what was he going to do with the pup over there? Was his mother right? Tonight he could barely think straight  –  the scent was so powerful that he was feeling light-headed all the time. Light-headed and anxious, and turned on was a worse combination than just horny and hung-over, he realized.

He was afraid she might be right.

Why?

He had never felt anyone's scent so strongly. Not Alphas, not Betas, not Omegas! Ever. Not even Xie Lian's occasional angry scent  –  and he was so much stronger than him! How did the weakling Hua Cheng even survive their mating?! He huffed again and smirked to himself. He had never thought about it before, but now he suspected that Dianxia had to control himself brutally much, as not to suffocate him during their sex. This surely had to... hurt.

They were a weird pair, those two. They were  never going to have kids of their own, but Feng Xin kind of approved. He wasn't a big fan of kids; kids were noisy and snotty and naughty, but they kind of loved  his scent  –  which horrified him, truly!  -  because they would always rush to him, and try to hug him, to the utter horror of their moms and dads too.

Yet it was very clear that they loved each other very much. He strongly suspected, knowing his friend well, that they were probably already discussing adopting a kid, and soon. Sentimental fools!  Kids were only trouble! And the awful ordeal an Omega had to go through to be done with a pregnancy?! God!

No. No, thanks.

He was sure he had no kids, with anyone

He was sure he had no kids, with anyone. He always used double protection, every single time he had had sex. Moreover... it was rare that anyone could make him cum anyway, so...

He gasped  –  the levels of sweetness in the dark room intensified, and he knew  –  beyond doubt  –  that Mu Qing was close by.

Closer.