14. I Hate Betas. 🔞

****

Xie Lian was worried sick.  It was Sunday, true, but no one was picking their fucking phones  –  for hours now!

He called Feng Xin a million times. Mu Qing's phone went directly to voice mail, of course! The phone at the bar just rang and rang freely, and no one answered at all, despite the fact that it was within working hours still.

Yesterday, he had gone and talked to Mu Qing's parents first thing in the morning, and now all three of them were anxious to travel back home as soon as was possible. No luck  –  the airport administration told them that the atmospheric front that had settled all over the country was so intense and raging for a second day now that all flights had to be postponed until the massive storm was over. They could try to catch a flight to another state, but there they'd have to wait up nonetheless. There was no point.

Mu Qing had called his mom, and now everyone was worried sick, because the things he had said did not sound so good.

***

- Who is this Alpha?  –  she had asked him eagerly, frowning. She didn't quite like Xie Lian; she believed it was way  below her son to be working in a bar of all places!

- Feng Xin is stable.  –  Xie Lian did not sound too convinced. The bouncer was, in fact, quite unstable.  –  He will take care of him, don't worry. Also, my boyfriend is there with them  –  he will take care of everything if things get out of control.

- I thought A-Qing said that your boyfriend is a Beta?!  –  she huffed at him, quite disrespectfully in fact.

- He is.  –  Dianxia frowned now, not too happy to have to be polite to a neurotic Omega.  -  I trust him with my life.

- Ha! If anything happens to my son  –  I'll hold you accountable!

- Dear, please.  –  Mu Qing's dad growled and pulled her to the side, but the two Alphas exchanged quite angry glares. 

***

But that didn't change things. They could all travel on Monday, the next day, at the earliest. 

But... A lot of things could happen within those 24 hours.

Xie Lian was trying all phones again, biting his lips nervously. They were at the airport again  –  for a very late flight, finally. They were supposed to arrive on Monday morning, given the time zones difference.

- Where the hell is everyone? What's happening?! Is everyone dead?!

No. He knew that he shouldn't even joke about this. It was just... his friends were so chaotic! So careless! Irresponsible! What could possibly be so important that both the Alpha and the Omega were totally ignoring their phones???