20. Papa And Puppy. {!TW!}

****

The Alpha was sitting at the pub, gritting his teeth, feeling the phone crack and crunch in his hand. Just what the hell was Xie Lian doing?!  Had everyone just lost their minds?!

He needed to work. He needed the money, true, but he needed to be busy more; he needed his head empty.

And now... how was he going to work in the same place as Mu Qing?!  How was he ever going to focus when he  was around!? Not that his work was super intellectual or difficult, but still  –  he had to be alert. And now... his mind was wandering, going back to last night, to the previous night, again and again, and he could not focus for the world!

He ordered another beer, and then a whiskey, sitting very still, glaring at the glass darkly, and scaring the bartender to death. The poor Beta was looking at him cowardly: the bulky Alpha was just sitting, breathing heavily, staring at his glass, immobile, for the longest time, as if hypnotized.

It was past 5 o'clock, when Feng Xin just grabbed the drink and poured it all down into his throat in one go, getting up sharply and throwing some money at the bartender with the growl:

- Here, stinky Beta!

He then stormed out of the place, leaving just his heavy, aggressive scent behind, and rushed towards the nearest bus-stop, making a call on his way:

- Papa? Is it a good time? I need to talk to you!

- A-Xin? Of course, baby! Come. I'm home. Checking homework, hehe... Ughh... My head hurts already! I so hate grading papers! I...

- Papa, you are babbling again! I'll be there in 15 minutes!

- Ah! Oh. OK! I'll make some tea, pup!

- UGHHH!

***

The moment Feng Xin's dad opened the front door, his smile turned into a frown.

- You can drop the scent now. I am not impressed, pup.  –  he mumbled.

The Alpha blushed  –  he had not realized just how wildly his hormones were raging. He stepped in, shuddering, and it was like stepping into the past.

His dad's place had been the same ever since he was born. Feng Xin's parents lived separately, but he was always welcome in both houses. Just, his dad and his mom treated him very differently, and he always preferred his papa's place, despite the fact that the absent-minded Omega was driving him crazy almost all the time.

- Aren't you supposed to be at work?  –  he hummed, not too pleased at the way his son just threw his shoes and jacket randomly at the dainty, rustic-style hanger in the corridor.

- I am. The boss's in rut. It's... ridiculous.  –  he growled now, flinging himself onto the sofa, and ignoring the tea tray on the low coffee table.