12. Coffee And Milk.

****

Mu Qing was grabbing his glass of milk in one hand, and secretly hiding behind the door, which was just slightly ajar, observing the Alpha in the living room, and praying to all the gods that his scent would not reach Feng Xin  –  he had no idea just how long the capsule would be holding in effect.

He was biting his lips, observing quietly  –  the tall young man was peeking around, watching every small object with interest, smelling some cactus or another comically  –  of course those didn't smell!  –  or just stared at framed photos with curiosity. 

Yes. His scent gave out curiosity. It was such a homely feeling that Mu Qing wanted to cry... He now realized that he should have been thankful for his late heat. His childhood had truly ended yesterday, and now the world was a thousand times more complicated. No more blissful ignorance, no more trusting your eyes. Now emotions were everywhere, and smells meant millions of things.

He already missed Feng Xin's scent. It was warm and protective; it felt like being safe in your bed, surrounded by your favorite toys, relaxing in fresh linen, caressed by a mother's hand, pacified by the absolute knowledge that nothing bad could ever happen to you, because you were protected, fully, irrevocably.

He almost sobbed, missing this terribly. The Alpha turned towards the door sharply now. Had he sensed him?! It was almost supernatural, this ability of this particular man to feel him! It was torture too, because it only made Mu Qing crave for him more.

- Are you there? Is everything OK?  –  the Alpha called.

Was there worry in his voice? Did he worry for him?

"No. I'm just stupid. And romantic. Like a fucking girl."  –  Mu Qing scolded himself, but entered boldly.

- Yes.  –  he mumbled now.  –  You clothes will be ready soon.

Feng Xin gaped, confused for a moment, but then he realized that the boy was now out of his oversized clothes, and was wearing his own. His legs looked so long and thin in the grey sweatpants... and... dear god... he was wearing a loose T-shirt with some cartoon stamp at the front, but all Feng Xin could see was the fact that now his neck and collarbones were bare, visible and available... easily accessible... just like his nape was. His hair was put up high again, and a very attractive blush was crawling from his cheeks down to his neck.

He swallowed with difficulty. Was the fucking brat doing it on purpose?!  He was carrying a glass of milk... Good god!

- He is definitely trying to kill me... I'll be getting a heart attack any minute now... -  Feng Xin mumbled under his nose now, and the air in the room was kind of lacking, because he definitely could not breathe.

- What's...  -  Mu Qing blushed, because Feng Xin was gaping, gawking actually, and his pants were getting tighter and tighter.  –  What's... wrong?