45. Mom.

****

Hua Cheng arrived at the bar at about 3 p.m., truly hoping that he would miss the beginning of Feng Xin's shift and would just be able to chat with just Mu Qing  –  it was the lesser of two evils. He had to work a night shift tonight too, so  –  for sure  –  he had to be long gone by 6. But as soon as he entered the bar, he was met just by his GeGe's pleasant smell, and, amazed, he smiled.

- Ah! Hi, San Lang! I missed you last night, puppy!  –  Xie Lian pouted a little.

- Oh... Mmm... Hello, GeGe... Mmm... Yes... I know... those night shifts are a bitch...

The tall Beta was moaning, because his lover was leaning over the counter, demanding his lips and his kisses immediately, and he was melting, just like always...

- So... Ugh... where are the idiots?  –  he sat down now, flushed and trying to calm his heartbeat again.  –  Not that I'm complaining.   –  he mumbled under his nose.

Xie Lian chuckled and placed a beer in front of him, enjoying the way he now licked his lips. Ahh. He had missed those lips last night indeed!

- Well, they are taking a personal day today. I think they... need to do... some medical tests.  –  he frowned a little.

- Huh? Why are you upset, Alpha?  –  Hua Cheng huffed now, not too happy that his loved one cared so much for the morons.

- Because... they shouldn't have to!  It's actually quite humiliating! Treating an Alpha like a guinea pig! Ughhh!

- What?! What the hell?  –  the Beta mumbled now, the scent was getting heavier.

- Yes. And it's this pure-blood nonsense again. Turns out A-Qing's parents need proof that their son could mate! Just how... sick  is that?

- I've never heard such a thing before.  –  he mumbled.  –  Betas don't have such problems.  –  he grinned now, but Xie Lian did not smile at the joke and he frowned again, disappointed.

- One should not be held accountable  for whom one loves! Love should be free! It literally is  free!!!

- Ummm... I'm sure they will be fine. They look quite... ughh... happy together... In their own... interesting... way.  –  he grumbled now.

Xie Lian blinked and smiled now, cupping his cheek gently.

- I would never do such a thing to you. Or to our kids... If we ever decide...  -  he blushed slightly.

Hua Cheng gaped, blushing intensely, and just murmured weakly:

- GeGe... 

- Let's get married, my love... Soon...

- Yes... Soon... Please, Alpha...

- My pretty puppy... Such a good boy... So nice, so sweet...  -  Xie Lian was cooing, but in the middle of it all, he sharply lifted his head up  –  another Alpha had just entered the bar, and the scent was... 

Ugh.

Disturbing.

It smelt like Feng Xin a little, but just a little. But the scent was so dominant, so... rude, so... assertive, so... arrogant,  that Xie Lian had very little doubts who that woman was now.

Hua Cheng turned immediately, ready to snap at the rude newcomer, but a slight squeeze on his hand and the sight of the woman made him reconsider.

- WHERE'S THE PUP? ISN'T HE WORKING HERE? AND WHY THE FUCK ISN'T HE PICKING UP HIS FUCKING PHONE? SOMEBODY ANSWER. RIGHT NOW!