9. Birthday Pills.

***

Feng Xin hesitated for a moment which one to do first  –  the food or the pills, but he decided that the food should go first  –  unless docile and heavily scented, Mu Qing would most probably throw all the food at him, just like he did with the soap!

He grinned at the thought. A food fight sounded like fun right now. That... brat!

He placed him on a chair, and started taking stuff out of the bags. The Omega was purring, hungry, curious, impatient. The Alpha had bought whatever he would buy for himself  –  which meant mostly junk food  –  but he also got some candy, as it was Mu Qing's birthday today.

- I hope it's OK, puppy.  –  he mumbled now.  –  I have no idea what an Omega needs... on days like this... and my phone...

- Oh!  -  Mu Qing exclaimed now, clapping his hands and yearning to impress his Alpha.

Feng Xin gaped again as the boy rushed to the other room and got their phones, and then rummaged through his kitchen impatiently in search of rice, but he only managed to find some salt  –  to absorb the moisture.

- Well, well, what do you know...  -  the Alpha mumbled, impressed.

- Pet me, Alpha!  -  the boy murmured, approaching  closer to the scent.

Feng Xin laughed, and let him sit in his lap again, cuddling.

- Good boy! Yes, you are, birthday boy...

Mu Qing purred and nuzzled into his neck again, making him shudder again.

- Please, Alpha... Please, I'm so hungry...

For a second there, Feng Xin didn't quite understand

For a second there, Feng Xin didn't quite understand. But then it hit him  –  he guessed  what he had to do. Smirking a little now, he was reminded just why he had been avoiding to deal with Omegas in heat before  –  they were like small kids! Such a nuisance! But...

But this boy smelled so nice... It felt so good to be close to him, to be touched by him  –  so gently, so carefully... He knew that he was going to miss all of this, somehow, once Mu Qing's weak days were over.

He rolled his sleeves up and got to it. He was picking bits and pieces, eating some, and pushing some in the Omega's mouth, listening to his laughter and his purring, and his heart was pounding fast; he was truly melting.

Was this what his dad had told him?

The true nature of an Alpha was to take care, be strong and supportive, be a protector, a provider. This was the one genuine happiness for any Alpha, not the strength and power, and control.

He felt it. He felt it deep inside his guts. The pill he had taken earlier was obviously working, so his rut was under some control, but he still felt excitement to be holding this little one who was playing with the food, licking his fingers, and leaning all the time to tease him and leave small quick licks on his lips and face too.