Chapter 3

Ye Shaoyang turned on his computer and searched for God Wars.

The dense search results gave him a fright.

It was now the era of e-sports, and gaming had become a pastime for many people in their spare time. More than 60% of young people played games, and the number of active gamers in China alone had exceeded the 200 million mark.

There were a total of eight divisions in the world — North America, Europe, Korea, China, Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, and the wild card division.

The China region was one of the largest regions in the world. There were 18 teams in the top league, and they would be eliminated at the end of every season. There were countless teams in the secondary league, and there were thousands of professional players officially registered in the Professional Alliance.

Among them, the most popular professional player was Chi Shuo. He was the current captain of the Tianhuan Squad. Whenever he posted on Weibo, the number of reposts and comments would easily exceed six figures.

In this world, the popularity and treatment of E-Sports players did not lose out to that of superstars. Their recognition by the public was also quite high. If he could win a world championship, he would be the center of attention and glory.

It was currently Season 9 of Battle of the Gods.

Unlike the games Ye Shaoyang played in the past, which had spring and summer competitions, Clash of Gods had pre-season and regular season competitions in the first half of the year. In the middle of the year, there would be all-stars and individual and two-player competitions. In the second half of the year, there would be playoffs and the World Series.

The playoffs of the ninth season would officially begin on September 1st. Today was already the 20th of August. They definitely wouldn't be able to make it this season. If he worked hard, he should be able to enter this brand new battlefield as a professional player in Season 10 next year!

Although he had played eSports for a few years, he would still face the problem of not being able to acclimatize to a new game all of a sudden. He needed to seriously understand the rules of the new game, train a few more heroes that he was good at, and watch more videos of the Pro League to ensure that he wouldn't drop the ball at critical moments.

Ye Shaoyang opened the game icon on the desktop.

Judging from the gorgeous login animation, Divinity Wars was a fantasy game. The opening animation was about the angels attacking the demons, and a mysterious shadow among the demons was reborn in the abyss. The game version was called "Abyss Awakening". This mysterious shadow should be a new character in the current version.

The opening animation lasted for 30 seconds before the game hall popped up.

The game interface was very simple. In the upper left corner was the character information bar. Ye Shaoyang's account ID was also "Little White," and his avatar was his Ragdoll cat. At the bottom, there were menus for functions such as Shop, Heroes, Friends, and Battle Teams. In the middle, there were four halls. They were divided into the Ladder Ranking Competition, the Arena Hall, and the Training Camp.

Ye Shaoyang clicked on the Heavenly Stairway Ranking Competition, and a notification popped up in front of his eyes: Welcome Player Xiao Bai to the Heavenly Stairway Ranking Competition. Season 9-3 of the God Wars has begun. Your record in the ranking competition is 0 wins and 3 losses. Current rank: Bronze Rank 1.