Chapter 99

On the night of March 25th, Ye Shaoyang logged into his Weibo account and saw tens of thousands of birthday wishes in his comments and DMs. He had input his birthday when signing up, so his Weibo displayed his date of birth.

Some fans had also made promotional videos for him. They cut together all of Ye Shaoyang's kills from the five matches Tianhuan had played in Group B, and they added backing tracks of invigorating music. These videos were labeled as footage of a 'mid lane demon king'… and it was all footage of a bunch of triple kills and pentakills. It really did look like a big demon king was bullying a bunch of little kids.

[Happy birthday to our great demon king, Lieyang!]

[I'm so glad to have gotten to know Yangyang through the league this year. You're my favorite pro player. ^_^]

[Happy birthday, Yangyang. We'll remember this date, and we'll all spend your birthdays with you in the future. Keep up the good work!]

[You've performed so well as a newbie. I believe you can make history!]

Ye Shaoyang felt his heart warm up as he looked through this unending sea of well wishes from his fans. He used his cell phone to make a post: [Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes. The happiest part of my year has been joining Tianhuan, becoming a professional player, and meeting all you adorable people. In the next year, I'll continue to work hard. I'll do my best not to fall short of everyone's expectations of me. ^_^]

As soon as that message was posted, countless fans commented to wish him happy birthday again.

#HappyBirthdayTianhuanLieyang# swiftly shot up the trending topics list.

Chi Shuo shared Ye Shaoyang's new Weibo post as soon as he saw it. He added: [Happy birthday. We at Tianhuan are also very happy to have you here.]

And so, all of Chi Shuo's fans also learned that it was Ye Shaoyang's birthday. They all ran over to his page to wish him a happy birthday too.

Many regular viewers of Ye Shaoyang's stream also ran to his room to send him gifts. Whale Streaming's top male and female streamers, Xiao Wei and Mumu, also came over to send him some gifts. Ye Shaoyang's streaming room soon shot to the top of the chart which tracked 'amount of gifts received' for every streamer.

A trending tag, and a chart-topping number of gifts. This birthday really made him feel like a hotshot!

At the same time, in the #RiyueTonghui# super topic…

A few sharp-eyed fangirls saw that Ye Shaoyang had sent his new Weibo post from a new cell phone, and Chi Shuo had also shared that post from a new cell phone. They instantly took screenshots of those details and posted it to their super topic group.

[Yangyang and Yueyue have gotten new cell phones at the same time!]

Everyone else clicked into that topic to take a look. And it was true—at the bottom left corner of the Weibo post Ye Shaoyang put up last night, there was a line which read, 'Sent from my TC-X30'. This cell phone had been very popular a few years ago, and it sold for less than five thousand yuan.

But at the bottom left of today's Weibo post, there was a line which read, 'Sent from my HM-V40 Pro – Sun Gold'.

Chi Shuo was the same. A few days ago, he'd made a Weibo post using a flagship model from last year. Today, when he shared Ye Shaoyang's post, his own Weibo declared, 'Sent from my HM-V40 Pro – Quicksand Silver'.

[OMG! This phone has a price tag of twenty-five grand, doesn't it? I think it's HM's latest foldable model?]

[With the two of them switching phones at the same time, could it be that HM has sponsored Team Tianhuan?]