Chapter 90

Tianhuan taking a 2-0 win over BOB was a result many people had predicted. BOB sat at the bottom of Group B, after all. If Tianhuan couldn't even defeat BOB, then they could really just start getting ready to be eliminated from the tournament entirely.

Ye Shaoyang was awarded the title of MVP in the first round with a dazzling twelve kills. In the second round, he was surrounded by all five enemy players and killed, but he still got twelve assists. His participation rate was 100%, and he was by far the player who contributed the most to his team's attacks. He was awarded the title of MVP once more.

During the post-game interview, the reporter excitedly greeted, “Welcome to our interview stage, Lieyang!”

Ye Shaoyang politely nodded towards the reporter.

The reporter continued, “You played two games today, and in both you were named the MVP. You also took the title of MVP in one game of your previous match. Currently, you've already taken three MVP titles—which is the most any player has in this season in the entire league. Is there anything you'd like to say to everyone?”

During a season, the league would keep a tally of various achievements. For example, most kills or most supports or most gold gained per minute. Number of MVP titles was a very significant statistic for players as well—in fact, it was the most important one.

The player with the most MVP titles in a season would be awarded a grand MVP prize at the end of that season. They would be named the Most Valuable Player of the Season. This award was about as prestigious as the title of FMVP—Most Valuable Player of the Finals. Both titles were celebrated with gilded trophies, marking a player's accomplishments as an individual.

The championship trophy cup was an indicator of a team's power, while the MVP title served as proof of a specific player's strength. After being named the MVP of the Season, a player's monetary worth could easily triple or quadruple.

Chi Shuo had been the MVP of Season 6, and Ye Shaoyang really wanted to be named the MVP of Season 10.

Of course, the competition for this title would be extremely fierce. Every single team had an ace up its sleeve, after all. When everyone's MVP titles were counted up, Ye Shaoyang might not be able to surpass all the other aces in the league.

Ye Shaoyang accepted the mic and smiled as he said, “Receiving three MVP titles doesn't prove much. S10 has only just begun, and many teams didn't have a game scheduled for the first week. Our Tianhuan has already played two games in these two weeks, and we just so happened to win. So, I'm currently in the lead in terms of number of MVP titles, but that's no reason to be arrogant.”

“Then do you believe you can take the MVP of the Season award?” the reporter asked.

“Of course,” Ye Shaoyang answered straightforwardly. “I'm sure many players dream of winning the grand MVP of the Season award, right?”

The reporter nodded. “That's true. Those who don't strive for the grand prize aren't good players! I do have another question for you. We all know now that Shaoyang is the streamer Xiao Bai, and we know you once earned eight National #1 titles with various heroes. Netizens are very curious. Besides these eight heroes, do you know how to play any other mid laners?”

Ye Shaoyang smiled. “I'm not very good with other heroes. Coaches don't need to worry about banning them.”

The other coaches of Group B teams all blinked as that.

As if we would believe you!

It was impossible for a professional player to only know how to play eight heroes. So, Ye Shaoyang was clearly joking with that answer. But that joke gave all the coaches of Group B teams a massive headache—