Chapter 72

At the end of November, the Gods War Silver Dragon Cup formally began.

This year's Silver Dragon Cup was the grandest one that had been held in recent years. More than two hundred teams had signed up for the tournament. The tournament would last less than one week, so the tournament schedule would be relatively demented.

The tournament would take place inside a large sporting venue at Rong City. Matchups for the first round would be randomly drawn. The losing team would be eliminated immediately. In just one day, half of the entrants would be cast out. Matchups for the second round would be drawn randomly as well, and another half of the remaining entrants would be eliminated.

This would go on until there were only sixteen teams left. At that point, the tournament would enter the group stage. Eliminations would continue until there were only eight teams left, then four, and then—the championship match.

All teams who reached the Top 16 would be awarded a prize of 200,000 yuan. The Top 8 would receive 500,000 yuan, and the champion would receive 2,000,000 yuan.

The cash prizes were cumulative, which meant that the championship team of the Silver Dragon Cup would be awarded 200,000 plus 500,000 plus 2,000,000 yuan, for a grand total of 2.7 million yuan. The winning team would also become the official spokespersons of the Silver Dragon Group.

To major league teams, this prize money wasn't much. But to minor league teams, it was a huge chunk of cash!

The elimination process in this year's Silver Dragon Cup was incredibly brutal.

Rumor had it Jingzhe's second-string team ran into Beimu's second-string team in round one; they were immediately sent home. Tianhuan's luck in the first round was pretty good. They were matched up against a group called Team Happy, which they'd never heard of before; they took a 2-0 win and sent Team Happy home.

Although Ye Shaoyang and Chi Shuo weren't at the live venue, the kids from their second-string team could be considered their 'students' to some extent. Ye Shaoyang and Chi Shuo were at least also keeping an eye on their status in the tournament.

In the second round, Tianhuan once again matched up against some third-rate team. They sent their opponents home with another 2-0 win.

In Tianhuan's internal group chat, Xie Xiaotian excitedly wrote: [Yang-ge, I got a triple kill today, hahaha!]

Ye Shaoyang replied with a clapping emoji and wrote: [Not bad, not bad.]

Xie Xiaotian added: [After being killed under my tower every day by a boss, I feel super relaxed playing against other mid laners!]

Ye Shaoyang: [Looks like we didn't abuse you for nothing. Let's continue when you get back. ^_^]

Xie Xiaotian: [Shy.jpg]

Qin Sui also wrote: [I was abused every day by Captain Chi too, and now that I'm at the Silver Dragon Cup, I'm realizing all these minor league junglers are just little brothers.]

Yan Bin profoundly remarked: [It's only after going out to play against other teams that we can truly feel the might of Tianhuan's starting lineup.]

Coach Lin popped up in the chat to say: [This year's Silver Dragon Cup is a knock-out tournament. Jingzhe's second-string team and Beimu's second-string team clashed fiercely yesterday, didn't they? There are some powerhouses among these minor league teams too. Don't get too full of yourselves.]