Chapter 70

After the first game ended, Team FNO's training room fell into a deep, strange silence.

A few seconds passed. Coach Tom came back to his senses first. He sent Lin Feng a message in the game's team chat: [I'm going to get a cup of coffee. Can we pause for a few minutes?]

Lin Feng answered: [Okay, okay. I'll get some tea too.]

Both coaches agreed to a temporary truce.

Tom turned back and asked, “What happened? Mitchell, how could you get solo killed?”

Mitchell's whole head was full of question marks. “I also want to ask that question?”

He lifted his head and looked at the coach. “Coach, you said Qu Jiang only knows how to play control-type heroes and doesn't know assassin mages. You said Tianhuan was a jungler-core team?”

Tom lowered his head and took a sip of water to hide his embarrassment. “That's what my intel said.”

Their top laner Clement earnestly asked, “Could it be that the news from the Chinese division was wrong?”

Mitchell scratched a hand through his hair. He swiftly watched the replay of the other mid laner getting a solo kill on him from earlier.

The Sun Mage was, to an extent, countered by the Abyssal Lord. Because the Sun Mage was a close-combat hero whose skills had very short ranges. Not only was the Abyssal Lord a long-range mage, he relied on his shadows to attack. When these two heroes faced off, the Abyssal Lord would be able to strike the Sun Mage before the Sun Mage even reached him.

But even if his hero was countered, Mitchell was still a world-class professional mid laner who had twice been named the best in the world!

Could someone solo kill him so easily just because they wanted to?

In that confrontation, Mitchell had just used up his skills. His hero was locked in place for 0.1 seconds, and his shield just so happened to be down as well. That was why his enemy had been able to take his life in just one flurry of blows.

This was no coincidence.

His opponent had long since calculated every last detail.

That seemingly cautious and timid mid laner who'd cowered under his tower hadn't just calculated the cooldown and post-cast delay times of Mitchell's skills. That mid laner had also perfectly calculated Mitchell's defense and HP—80% had been the key number, and Mitchell's protective shield had been down. The Abyssal Lord had used up all his skills to kill Mitchell in one go!

A cold shiver climbed up Mitchell's spine.

This terrifying coolheadedness, this precision, and that sharp grasp of timing…

The enemy mid laner was no ordinary mid laner!

Mitchell swiftly sat up straight in his seat. He fixed his gaze on the monitor and said, “Coach, your information was definitely wrong. Tianhuan's mid laner is world class. When I face off against him, I don't feel the same kind of pressure as when I face off against Fang Zhengqing. But if I make even one tiny mistake, he'll immediately seize the opportunity to instakill me. His ability to take stock of the situation and make instantaneous decisions is superb!”

Coach Tom fell deep into thought.

A world-class mid laner? Could Tianhuan have spent a huge sum on recruiting a top-tier mid laner?

He had felt it was a bit unexpected for Coach Lin to suddenly reach out to him for a practice game. The two teams hadn't clashed in three years already, after all. Rumor had it Tianhuan's marksman and support had retired. Their FNO's marksman and support had just retired as well. Tom originally assumed Tianhuan was mostly reaching out in order to test out their new bottom laners.