Chapter 53

More than one person could have the same name on the Gods War international server. The only unique identifier was each player's nine-digit player ID. To add someone as a friend, one would have to look them up with that ID number.

Chi Shuo added Ye Shaoyang to his friends list, then charged up their accounts with some credits to unlock all the junglers and mid lane heroes. He also picked up a few skins that felt nice. After making their preparations, the two of them grouped up and started to play ranked.

Chi Shuo asked Ye Shaoyang, “Which hero do you want to practice first?”

“I'll go with the Destruction Mage,” Ye Shaoyang said.

“Then I'll accompany you with the Holy Knight,” Chi Shuo said.

The Destruction Mage's ult released six arcing blades of black mist, which dealt stacks of magic damage. This mage tested a player's ability to maintain a high hit rate with their attacks, and he also required resources to flourish. If his gear wasn't good enough, those six blades of mist would only feel like they were scratching an itch even if they all struck the enemy. After the Destruction Mage was equipped with the proper gear, one ult could instantly kill an opponent.

When the Holy Knight was played as a jungler, he didn't need the blue buff. Chi Shuo could therefore give the buff to Ye Shaoyang, then use his taunt to cluster up all their enemies, letting Ye Shaoyang unleash his ult.

This was the classic strategy of a support jungler who could control the enemy and a mid laner who could deal huge amounts of damage.

In lower-ranked games, there was no need for Chi Shuo to pick on easy targets by playing a jungler as the core of their team. He could let Ye Shaoyang get used to these new heroes first, which was why he chose to play a support jungler in order to let Ye Shaoyang develop as quickly as possible and get a feel for his mid laners.

There were no placement matches on the international server. The two of them could only start to climb from Bronze.

With Chi Shuo's help, Ye Shaoyang's mid lane heroes didn't just get the resources from farming minions in the middle lane. He also got huge amounts of resources from the jungle. He developed very quickly, and he could often obtain his core equipment just ten minutes into a game.

The dazed and confused newbies in Bronze experienced the terror of facing off against the Destruction Mage's diabolical black magic.

Those six blades of black mist flew all over the place. Wherever the Destruction Mage appeared, the enemy players would be instantly obliterated by him!

The international players who were absolutely destroyed were all baffled beyond belief.

[This game is really hard!]

[Where did these big demon kings come from to pick on easy targets on the international server?]

Chi Shuo and Ye Shaoyang worked well together. They went on a neverending win streak, making it all the way to Platinum I that night.

Chi Shuo discovered that Ye Shaoyang didn't just play assassin mages well. He was also very good at getting used to new heroes. He had only practiced with the Destruction Mage for a day, and his hit rate with his skills was already quite outstanding. In Bronze-ranked games, he could take down one little newbie with one skill, often producing terrifying results like fifteen kills and zero deaths in one game.

The next night, the two of them continued to play ranked.

Countless confused newbies were destroyed by Ye Shaoyang's Destruction Mage on this journey of theirs. His victims could form a whole circle around the rift if they lined up. Many of these newbies were psychologically scarred by those six blades of black mist.