Chapter 83

The match ended, and all the screens changed over to an image of the post-game interview.

During the regular season, one of the MVPs of the day would typically be invited to give the post-game interview. Sometimes, the coach would be invited as well. This time, it was unquestionably Ye Shaoyang who would be asked to do the post-game interview.

The lights in the interview room were extremely bright. They splashed down on Ye Shaoyang and made his skin glow an even paler shade. Pimples were often seen on esports players, but there wasn't a single one on Ye Shaoyang's light-bathed skin. When he smiled, he looked even more attractive than he did in his promotional photos.

This appearance which could shine even in front of a high-definition camera made all the feral fans in the streaming room get more excited.

[Announcement! I am formally brainrotting hard for this little omega gege!]

[Yangyang, do you need a laogong? Although I'm also an omega, I'm willing to become an alpha for you~]

[Can you rabid fans get out of the stream? Who cares about an esports player's face, we care about their skills!]

[And you think he, an Abyssal Lord with a pentakill, doesn't have enough skills?]

[We can be fans of his skills too!]

The interviewer excitedly applauded Ye Shaoyang's arrival. “Welcome, Tianhuan-Lieyang, to our post-game interview!”

Ye Shaoyang smiled very politely at the camera.

The interviewer continued, “As the first omega mid laner in the major league, lots of online voices called your abilities into question before you debuted. Did you feel a great deal of pressure?”

Ye Shaoyang took the microphone and answered, “There wasn't much pressure on me.”

The interviewer blinked, confused.

Ye Shaoyang smiled happily and said, “Because before the regular season began, our team trained in isolation for a long time. The coach didn't let us check Weibo. So, I didn't actually see what kind of insults netizens were hurling at me.”

As he spoke, he turned to the camera and once again smiled very politely.

His expression was full of innocence, as though he were asking, Oh? Was someone dissing me?

The anti-fans who'd posted tens of thousands of incendiary comments online were instantly rendered speechless.

This guy hadn't even noticed them.

How hurtful!

This horde of anti-fans had spent such a long time dissing Tianhuan, to the point that they'd gotten Tianhuan trending twice. But now Ye Shaoyang claimed he hadn't seen a word of it… what a massive waste of their precious emotions.

The interviewer coughed and continued, “Tianhuan won three matches and lost five in the preseason this year, dropping into Group B. Did you guys decide to go for Group B on purpose?”

This question was a little prickly. If the answer wasn't good enough, it would be easy for the team to be flamed online.

Ye Shaoyang thought for a moment, then earnestly said, “We didn't intentionally drop in the rankings, and Tianhuan didn't throw any games. We took every preseason game very seriously and did everything in our power to prepare. For example, when we played against Jingzhe, we used a highly mobile formation which allowed us to avoid getting into too many team fights. We wouldn't have been able to defeat them head-on, after all. The reason we lost in the end was that Captain Fang was able to instakill our marksman, which caused us to collapse in a team fight. In the game against Binghun, we a;sldkfj;lkj…”