Chapter 107

•Ranking Match

It was already one in the morning when Ye Shaoyang finally returned to the hotel, and he proceeded to sleep in until noon the next day. He washed his face and prepared to head downstairs to get lunch in the cafeteria. As he was going out, he ran into Chi Shuo who came from the room opposite his.

His handsome face was void of any expressions and his hair was still wet, which meant that he should have just showered not long ago. But as soon as he saw Ye Shaoyang, his expression instantly softened, and a trace of tenderness could be seen in his eyes.

“Just woke up?”

Ye Shaoyang nodded, “Mn, I slept too late last night.”

“Let's have a meal first,” Chi Shuo said.

The two went to the cafeteria side by side and happened to see Xie Weiyu who was sitting by the window, eating his food silently.

“Xiao Yu, is it just you here?” Ye Shaoyang greeted him and asked.

Xie Weiyu shot a smile at Ye Shaoyang and said, “I just woke up. Captain Xu and the rest should still be sleeping.”

Ye Shaoyang held the plate while he picked out some of the food and pastries he liked. He then turned around and sat opposite Xie Weiyu.

Chi Shuo also walked over with a plate in his hand.

“Yangyang, what time is your flight?” Xie Weiyu asked softly.

“Three in the afternoon. We'll be packing up a little after finishing lunch before going to the airport. What about you?” Ye Shaoyang replied.

Xie Weiyu: “Our flight is roughly around four in the afternoon.”

Ye Shaoyang thought about it a little, then he said, “I think it would be around six or seven before you can reach your base, so you shouldn't have any training scheduled tonight. If you're free, let's rank together.”

“Alright, let's contact each other when we're back.” Xie Weiyu's smile was gentle.

Displeasure rose in Chi Shuo's heart when he heard them calling each other 'Xiao Yu' and 'Yangyang' so affectionately.

When exactly did their relationship become so good? They even agreed to play ranked together at night.

Although it was said that Xie Weiyu was a Beta and thus, wouldn't be able to feel any pheromone attraction towards Ye Shaoyang and vice versa, they had freedom to choose who they wanted to love and marry in today's era. There are many Betas and Omegas dating each other nowadays.

Chi Shuo suddenly realized something… is what I'm feeling right now jealousy?

Ye Shaoyang was just making friends normally. Both of them had been insulted by water armies before, so Ye Shaoyang felt pity for what Xie Weiyu was currently experiencing. That's why he initiated a conversation with Xie Weiyu and became friends that can play rank together every now and then. What's the big deal about that?

There were many players from different teams who would rank together in the professional league. He doesn't have to think too deep into it.

Chi Shuo suppressed the displeasure he felt in his heart and changed the topic. “Your next opponent is the Xueying team, right?”

He had sat beside Ye Shaoyang with his head down and ate without any expression on his face. Xie Weiyu even thought that Chi Shuo was unwilling to talk. It made Xie Weiyu a little stunned when he suddenly spoke.