Chapter 71

Meanwhile, at Tianhuan's base—

Coach Lin looked over the post-game stats. He patted Cheng Xing on the shoulder and said, “Although this was only a practice match, which we won, we can see that Little Xing's damage output isn't very pretty!”

Cheng Xing looked at the stats, then hung his head in embarrassment.

In the first round, his damage contribution rate was around 20% or so. Chi Shuo and Ye Shaoyang were each at 35% or above. Qin Yizhu had 10%—but that was understandable for Old Qin. He had chosen a top lane hero that specialized in starting fights; this hero's own damage output wasn't terribly impressive. However, for a marksman like Cheng Xing to have done only 20% of the damage in a game… in an official match, this would be far from okay!

His performance in the second game had been even more miserable. He'd been killed six times, and his final damage contribution was only 15%.

The sight of these stats was really unbearable. It was like he was a noobish Bronze-ranked marksman.

Coach Lin smiled and said, “Tomorrow, let's add some training hours. Captain Chi and Shaoyang have been playing 1v1 with the kids from the second-string team, right? Little Xing, you join in on that extra training too. You and Qu Jiang team up, go 2v2 against Chi Shuo and Shaoyang. Let that mid/jungle duo focus on ganking the bottom lane. You should be able to practice running away.”

Cheng Xing blinked.

Going 2v2 with those demon kings?

His life wasn't going to be easy!

After the practice games, Lin Feng and Coach Tom exchanged a few polite words, then both sides went offline.

Coach Tom privately messaged Lin Feng to ask: [Did you guys get a new mid laner at Tianhuan? Where did you buy such a powerful mid laner from?]

Lin Feng answered with a smiley face and added: [Secret.]

Coach Tom also knew of the rules of the esports world.

Before a team made an official announcement, signing a new player was something that a team couldn't just casually reveal to outsiders. Tom simply responded with a thumbs up emoji and wrote: [You got a good eye! Looks like Tianhuan will make it into the world championships next season? Our FNO will also work hard to win the right to appear at worlds as one of the North American teams.]

Lin Feng wrote: [Let's work hard together. We'll see each other again at the world championships stage!]

It was already half past one in the afternoon. Lin Feng took the players down to the cafeteria for lunch.

Over in America, it was already half past one in the morning. But Mitchell wasn't at all sleepy. He watched their two practice games from start to finish, then opened his friends list and found the person named 'zhouzhou' to start up a private conversation.

Mitchell: [You there?]

Mitchell: [TornFace.jpg][TornFace.jpg]

Zhou Jiawen had just reached Huowen's training room after eating lunch. When he saw a bunch of shattered smiley faces from his old friend, he confusedly asked: [What is it? Why has your face been torn apart?]

Mitchell: [Next season, you take care of yourself.]

Zhou Jiawen: [??]

Mitchell: [I'll light a candle for you in advance.][Candle.jpg][Candle.jpg]

Zhou Jiawen had debuted in the same season as Mitchell. They'd been good friends ever since they met each other on the international server.

FNO's new captain Mitchell always spoke with a sense of humor. After spending a lot of time with Zhou Jiawen, he'd also saved a ton of emojis and reaction memes that were popular in China. Among the international players, he was considered a 'Reaction Meme Aficionado'.