Chapter 58

By the time their ranked match concluded, it was already forty minutes past midnight.

The White Wolf King required a huge amount of player input to be played properly. It was actually very tiring to play him in several games in a row. Ye Shaoyang rubbed at his sore wrists and said, “Captain Chi, let's wrap up training here for today.”

Chi Shuo didn't intend to continue either. He simply turned off his computer and said, “Okay. Let's go back to our rooms and sleep.”

Qin Yizhu was practicing heroes by himself. A plate of walnuts sat on his desk. He ate while he played, giving off the leisurely aura of a cool, aloof top laner who didn't have a care in the world. Qu Jiang and Cheng Xing were also playing ranked on the domestic server. When Chi Shuo got up, he was just in time to see the word 'DEFEAT' flash across their screens.

Chi Shuo paused and asked, “Why did you lose again?”

Cheng Xing hung his head, barely even daring to breathe.

Ye Shaoyang smiled and said, “Little Xing is collapsing under the pressure of being ganked too much?”

Qu Jiang said, “This round wasn't actually because of Little Xing.”

He opened up the post-game analysis and pointed out Cheng Xing's kill-death-assist stat, which was 9-4-5. Then he pointed out one other teammate, who had gone 1-9-3 in that round. He helplessly said, “We ran into someone who threw the match.”

In a 5v5 game, if one teammate deliberately gave away kills to fatten up the other team, it would be very difficult for you to win regardless of how powerful you were or how good your gear was.

The domestic server was also full of big and small fish alike. There were plenty of streamers, professional players, and passersby playing together. Qu Jiang and Cheng Xing had been on a bumpy road these past few days. Their win rate was only wavering at around 60% or so.

Chi Shuo was a bit concerned. “How's it going? Are you two working together a bit better?”

Qu Jiang helped Cheng Xing save some face. He said, “We're a bit more in sync than before.”

Chi Shuo moved over to the computer and said, “Let me see your battle records.”

He opened up Qu Jiang's battle history. In every single match, he had been flagged as the MVP. The results were a loss, a victory, a loss…

The problem was, Qu Jiang was playing support, right? If the support was being named the MVP, it meant that the jungler, mid laner, and marksman weren't doing what they were supposed to do.

In most games, Cheng Xing's final rating was between 7 and 9. He rarely ever went above 10.

As for Chi Shuo and Ye Shaoyang, their final ratings were above 10.0 in every game they played.

These ratings were determined based on how you performed in the game, and they took your kill-death-assist stat into consideration as well. The main reason Cheng Xing's ratings were low was that he died too many times. Of course, it was very normal for a marksman to die. The enemy jungler always targeted them first, after all.

But dying an average of five times in a game… wasn't that too much?

There were even games in which he'd died eight times?