Chapter 97

After the players finished choosing the laptops and peripherals they liked, Xu Qiman—the Silver Dragon Group employee responsible for them—took everyone into a dressing room. Makeup artists and stylists were present to help make them more presentable.

In the games they'd played so far, there was no need for makeup. Most players appeared in front of the cameras with a bare face during regular season games. They would only show their faces for a few seconds at the beginning of a match, anyway. No one could be bothered to fuss with makeup or anything like that.

But commercials were very different. On a recording set, high-definition cameras and blinding lights would perfectly illuminate every pimple and pore on a person's face. If a person featured in a commercial was too unsightly, then the commercial could create an 'aversion' when aired.

Fortunately, all of Tianhuan's players had a more than acceptable attractiveness level. They would be fine with just a bit of light makeup and styling.

Chi Shuo was a bit irritable. He disliked being in close proximity to other people. So, when the makeup artist picked up a brush and went to sweep it over his face…

Chi Shuo did his best to suppress his displeasure. He closed his eyes and tried to cooperate as much as possible.

At just that moment, he heard the young lady—a beta—in charge of Ye Shaoyang's makeup quietly murmur, “From close up, Yangyang is really so handsome. Your skin is great too!”

Ye Shaoyang smiled and said, “Thank you.”

The makeup artist said, “Your lashes are so long. No need for false lashes. Let me curl them for you, don't move.”

Ye Shaoyang hummed his acknowledgement, obediently sitting still.

Chi Shuo opened his eyes and glanced over out of the corner of his eye.

He was sitting near Ye Shaoyang. He could clearly see Ye Shaoyang's thick lashes.

Ye Shaoyang's makeup artist was already finishing up. With makeup, the structure of Ye Shaoyang's face was even more exquisitely defined. A gloss had been applied to his lips, enhancing their color. His lips were a dewy, pale pink now, and they still looked very natural.

Those full, slightly upturned lips always looked like they were smiling.

How would it feel to kiss those lips?

Chi Shuo's throat went dry. He swiftly retracted his own gaze and closed his eyes again.

He had always considered himself a very calm and collected person who wouldn't develop an interest in any omega. So why, when he looked at Ye Shaoyang, did he feel the uncontrollable urge to kiss him?

He'd only given Ye Shaoyang a temporary mark. There wasn't a true, complete mark binding them.

Rationally speaking, an alpha who gave a temporary mark shouldn't be this deeply affected. Furthermore, over a month had already passed since the last time he marked Ye Shaoyang. The pheromones they left on each other's bodies had also faded a long time ago.

And yet, Chi Shuo would still sometimes have those thoughts. Could it be that he… towards Shaoyang…

Did he have feelings for Ye Shaoyang?