Chapter 87

Ranked games weren't pro games; there was no need for professional players to get too rough with random passersby. Both teams developed steadily for a while, until the two junglers reached Level 6 and began to roam the map.

Chi Shuo marked the bottom lane on the map, indicating that he was going to provide assistance down there. Fang Zhengqing swiftly cleared a wave of enemy minions and followed him over. The enemy jungler and mid laner quickly rushed down as well. A 4v4 was due to break out on the bottom lane at any second.

In this fight, each side would have 2 pro players and 2 casual players.

On the surface, it seemed like both sides had a 50% chance of winning.

Chi Shuo hit the 'Attack!' command.

His hero, the King of Fighters, had a crowd control skill. He could leap into the fray from a great distance and initiate the fight by stunning the enemy heroes with one blow.

Logically speaking, after Chi Shuo jumped in to stun and cripple the enemy marksman, Fang Zhengqing should have immediately followed up with a skill combo from his Cobra King. This hero's little snakes should have surrounded the enemy marksman, taking down that kill.

All the viewers in their respective streams eagerly fixed their gazes on their screens.

Chi Shuo lurked in the woods, until he launched his surprise attack—

While the enemy marksman Xie Yuan was close to the front of his team's formation, Chi Shuo rushed in and used an ult to stun him!

However, Fang Zhengqing's little snakes didn't come up to surround Xie Yuan like Chi Shuo had expected. Those little snakes had run off into the woods instead, surrounding the enemy jungler who had come down to assist.

Chi Shuo blinked.

Fang Zhengqing blinked.

Their heads were full of question marks.

Xie Yuan was about to laugh himself to death. He hurriedly used a flash to escape.

Chi Shuo's King of Fighters was very strong in late-game, when he could take down a glass cannon with one punch. However, when he didn't have all his optimal gear in early-game, he couldn't instakill a shielded marksman at full health. And so, he could only watch as Xie Yuan fled with a sliver of HP remaining.

Fang Zhengqing had yet to reach Level 6, so he didn't even have his ult available to him. He couldn't instakill the enemy Brawler with just one skill combo either. And so, he could only watch as the enemy jungler swiftly escaped over a wall.

This kind of mid/jungle incident, where one player targeted A and one player targeted B… it was really…

Where was their tacit understanding? Their teamwork?

Netizens started to type question marks into the chat.

Fang Zhengqing said into the voice channel, “We kill the enemy jungler, then invade their jungle. Wouldn't that have been nice?”

Chi Shuo was silent for a moment before he said, “…we absolutely had to take down the marksman first in this fight. What were you thinking?”