P'Freen met her N'Beck 🌷

Freens POV

I parked my baby as I reached my company. It has improved a lot; I can't wait to see the changes I missed when I was away.

I was looking at the company proudly as it was better than last time, thinking about all the memories from the past. A girl was also making her way towards the company door. But she is so into her world, that didn't even notice a car coming. I quickly reached out to her and pulled her into me before the car was about to hit her. She closed her eyes tightly while her face was in my chest. One hand is around her waist and the other is holding her right hand so she won't lose her balance. I am not that tall, but this tiny girl is smaller than me for sure.

When she opened her eyes after some time, I was looking down at her. Our faces were so closed that I could see into her eyes. Brown eyes. Innocent but curious. This one sure is a little curious cat. She backed away fast composing herself. I took a moment to observe her, she is a fan of pink. Cute. And she is a foreigner too.

"Sorry miss, umm for holding you like that." What are you saying Freen? Well, my English is not that better, what else should I say? My brain doesn't work at hard times like this.

She smiled looking at me probably noticing my half-correct English.

"It's fine. Thank you. You saved my life there. " Oh, she can speak Thai. And very fluently. I let out a breath I was holding. Thank god now I am not going to embarrass myself anymore.

I was going to ask her more but my phone started to ring. I excused myself and took the call.

"Where is your Boss? The meeting is going to start soon." That's my childhood friend Heng. He manages this branch and I think he doesn't want new staff to think their Boss slaking.

"I am just outside. I am coming." He hummed and mumbled okay, before hanging up the call.

I looked in front of me the girl was gone. Maybe she was late too. This is morning time; everyone is in a rush. She was kind of cute though. I shook my head as I made my way into the building.

I am getting nostalgic after looking at everything. Everything has changed. All the exterior and interior scrams like it are classic. Heng has done a good job. More people are working in this branch now. Everyone was bowing at me. I smiled at everyone and made my way toward the office. Walking by I noticed a new office is set just beside me for our new legal adviser. Miss Rebeca Patricia Armstrong. A simple yet catchy name. I looked at it for a moment and then unlocked the door of my office. It's as good as I left it. My mom's and mine pictures are on the desk, with a bunch of tulip bouquets. Plus my favorite sofa is in the corner. They have added a TV and a small coffee table with high seats too. I don't mind it; it is making my office look more fashionable.

I placed my bag on the table and took the agenda for the meeting. I was looking at the details as Heng entered my room. He smiled at me and opened his arms to give me a warm hug.

I am not very fond of people's touch, but he is one of the people I feel comfortable with. Me and Heng are friends from school, we graduated together too. He is a good person himself. One of few people I know who know to respect other people's opinions.

He let me go and placed both hands on my shoulders. I looked at him smiling. Waiting for his pep talk to come.

"How are you, my friend? I missed you so much. So.....now that you came back, you can't go anywhere. It's not the same without you. We need you here. I missed my Boss; I hope 2 years away from here has done a good thing for you and filled you with energy. The workload is so much here now. It will keep you so occupied, I am sure you won't even remember him. We need to focus on work more. I think I will get a migraine like you managing it on my own." He pouted like a small boy and I couldn't help but chuckle.