We NEED To Talk 🌷

Becks POV

As I turned, I saw P'Bai was walking towards us with confusion on her pretty face. Giving me a very warm hug as she greeted me. I also wrapped my hands around her, seeking some relief. Yeah I needed that, but I don't know if I am ready for what's coming next.

And as expected, as soon as P'Bai backed away she looked behind me. And soon she recognized who it was and her confusion changed to frown and soon in anger. I know, one has forgot that thing at conference. And this is what I am afraid of, I know how protective these people can get for me, but I don't want them to engage them into any kind of unnecessary drama.

I took a glance at both of them for a once and saw nothing but tight expression of both of their faces. P'Bai was looking angry while Miss Heidi's eyes were travelling back and forth between P'Bai and her arm around me. 

God the tension was so thick. 

And I had no intentions to stay in that for long.

So, I cleared my throat and soon both of them composed themselves, putting smiles on their faces; which was as fake as my grandma's teeth. I looked at P'Bai for a second and nodded my head telling her that we can leave. 

But........

There is always a but.......

"You are Miss Sarocha's friend right? Didn't knew she hired you as a bodyguard too." I was stooped in tracks as soon as I heard Miss Heidi's question. When I looked, she had still folded over her chest while looking at P'Bai. And I just sighed. 

The moment I think its ending they always find a way to begin it.

P'Bai let out a chuckle and that was exact moment I knew; we have a long way to go. She tighten her arm around me. It was not something I am not used to so I didn't mind. But I saw Miss Heidi's jaw clinched and she had this something else in her eyes. Why?

"Yes. And not just a friend, best friend actually. SO form that relationship, this one here is soon to be my sister-in-law, plus my cutest Nong. SO double responsibilities. And who would understand about responsibilities more than you? A CEO who has a lot to do, and cannot just waste time here and there bothering people. Right?"

At this point I was feeling like I am in some kind of drama where two leads are fighting, not physically but their best verbal weapons. You know, words as weapons? Just like that. And I am being the sandwich between them. I didn't even knew what to do.

So I just stood there, hoping it would just end soon.

And as it seems like god heard me, Miss Heidi just smiled in response and took her bag and left. Taking her gift with her. Fortunately.

As soon as she left, P'Bai also let go of me and held my shoulders with both of her hands making me look up at her.  I saw worry written all over her face.

She spoke softly, "She didn't say something bad or anything right?"

Well she didn't but someone else did. Still I don't have any plans to tell her right now so I just shook my head and give her a smile.

"No she didn't. She was just..........wishing me a happy birthday." P'Bai removed her hands letting out a sigh after she heard me. I know she is not entirely convinced, but I need to think about this stuff on my own before telling about it to anyone.

She finally nodded her head, "Okey. As long as you are fine, I am too. So, you done with the meeting?" I nodded yes but was confused by her question. I mean how does she knows about meeting. Before I could answer she took some of my things and gesture me to walk ahead.