Epilogue 🌷

Becky POV

"Mommyyyyyy"

I was brought back into reality as I heard my 3-year-old daughter shaking me with her tiny hands. We were on this king-size bed. And as demanded by my little princess, we were cuddling and I was reading her favorite bedtime baby shark story.

It's our daily routine. I would read her a story and she would fall asleep on my chest.

After her cute little attempts to get my attention, I looked down at her. And I couldn't help myself as ran my hands through her beautiful orange locks.

God, they look so beautiful.

I kissed her on her forehead and hummed at her. Bringing her small body more into me, I lay down placing her on my chest as I spoke, "We have finished the story baby. You should go back to sleep now."

Seriously, out of all my habitats, this creature here took after my sugar high thing. Making it hard for me to put her to bed, EVERY TIME. And along with that, she took that adorable pouty face from her daday, which I can never say no to.

So, here we are, with this energetic baby lying with her eyes wide open, and I am tired as hell from the work. But honestly speaking, I only feel tired when I leave the office. But once I see her at home, welcoming me with hugs and kisses, waiting for me to come and play with her, and just that loving embrace of her, all my tiredness just goes away in the blink of an eye.

It's magical.

Motherhood I guess.

I smiled at my baby as she lifted her head from my chest and looked at me as she slowly sat up on my stomach making my protectiveness come out and I got alert. I put my hands behind her immediately and held her in place so she wouldn't fall off. With her head titled on the left side she cupped my face with both of her small, warm hands and pouted a little as she spoke in her tiny voice, "But mommy, I am not sweepy. Can you twill me a new one? Pewees?" And pouted some more.

It made my heart tickle in places. It was so cute and adorable, that it made my heart hurt. I thought I would just die from her curtness.

Not being able to think much, I started to tickle her stomach, and she squirmed under my touch trying to get away from me. But I had my grip on her. And we started to play. Soon the room filled with our laughter making my heart feel content.

I knew the stories wouldn't EVER get her sleepy and she would end up being awake for a long, making her cranky in the morning.

So this was the only way to tire her up a little and so she would go to sleep early.

Not after long, I saw her laughter start to die down indicating that it was working. I kissed her forehead as she laid her head on my chest sleepily. I knew she was trying hard to stay awake but her eyelashes were closing slowly and in her sleepy voice I heard her mumble, "I miss you." Not after long her breathing became deep and even. An indication that she was finally asleep.

I pulled the comforter over us and turned off the lights making the room go dark. And I was lying there thinking whilst I was patting my daughter on her back lightly.

I know she misses them. I know she misses our home. And, I cannot help but feel sad that I cannot do much about it.

It's been nearly a month since we left Thailand and came to England. Leaving our family and friends there.

Sighing I closed my eyes as tightened my grip on my daughter and whispered to her, "I love you so much my destiny."

And I drifted away to sleep.