Kind Cade

Warnings: Language

Word Count: 424 (short chapter, sorry!) 

I find myself back in the old lot. I don't know how I got there. My legs crumple and I fall onto the ground. I can't move, I can't do anything. My hair is soaking wet and all over my face. I don't move it out. I lie there, tears stained on my face and rain wetting my clothes. 

"Y/N?" I hear, softly. I don't respond. I just can't. "Y/N!" 

I can't see who is talking, but their voice seems familiar. I feel a hand wipe away my hair and my eyes slowly move towards his face. It's Johnny. 

"Oh my god, Y/N," Johnny says, trying to pick me up. I can tell its very hard for him, but he manages to get me underneath a tree where its a little more dry and less rain is hitting. He sets me down at the trunk and uses his jacket to wipe the blood off of my arm and face. "What happened? Did you get jumped again?" I can hear the panic in his voice and I gather the strength to reply.

"My dad," I say weakly. I can't say anything else before I start sobbing again. 

"Your dad? He did this to you?" he asks, softly wrapping his jacket around me. I try to swear, but it only comes out as weak mumbles with whines and cries. Johnny didn't say anything else. He copied what I did and ran his hand up and down my back. It helped a little. He stayed like that until I calmed myself down and curled up with my knees to my chest. 

"I know what you mean," he said, quietly.

"No, you don't!" I stutter out. Nobody could ever know what I'm going through. 

"I know better than anyone," he says, looking me right in the eye. "My old man hits me too. Real bad. That's why I sleep here so much. I can't go home. It's not like my parents care where I am anyway." 

"At least you have both parents," I say, very softly, clutching my necklace. Its a locket that my mother gave to me. One side for her, one side for me. Before she died, she gave me the other half and told me to give it to someone who meant as much to me as I meant to her. That was the last thing she ever said. Johnny didn't say anything more and I was really thankful. I might have started crying again. Johnny let me lean on him for warmth. Soon enough, I fell asleep.