A 'Cute Couple'

Warnings: Swearing

Word Count: 879

I was smiling to myself. I cannot believe I just talked to Dallas Winston like that. And splashed my Coke in his face. Boy, did it feel great. Cherry suddenly broke my train of thought, saying "Thanks, he had me scared to death." 

"You sure didn't show it," I said. "You're real tough." 

"Yeah, nobody talks to Dally like that," Johnny added. 

"From what I saw, you two do." Cherry said. "You two are a cute couple." Johnny and I lit up the Nighty Double from turning so red. Johnny and I stuttered for a few seconds before managing to say, "We're not dating" in unison. 

Cherry smirked and nodded a little. "Alright. Not yet. Sorry, you just seemed-" Johnny and I somehow got redder and Cherry shut her trap and turned to Johnny and Pony, who were still behind. "Hey, why don't y'all sit up here with us. You can protect us." 

"Okay," said Pony. "Might as well." I'm not sure if they did it on purpose, but Cherry switched seats and left the only seat open next to me. Johnny flushed and sat down, avoiding eye contact. I stared at Pony the entire time. He looked kind of freaked out. 

"How old are y'all?" Marcia asked. 

"Fourteen," Ponyboy said. 

"Sixteen," Johnny and I said at the same time again. We leaned farther away from each other and Cherry smirked. 

"That's funny, I thought you were all-" Cherry cut Marcia off: "Sixteen." I hated it. People always assumed I was fourteen or thirteen because of my small size and baby face. 

"How come y'all ain't scared of us like you were Dally?" Pony piped. 

"Well from what I've heard from Y/N's brother, she's a sweetheart. You two are also too sweet to scare anyone. First, you didn't join Dally's dirty talk, and you made him leave us alone. And when we asked you to sit here with us, you didn't act like it was an invitation to make out for the night. Besides, I've heard about Dallas Winston, and he looked hard as nails and twice as tough. You two don't look mean. Neither do you, Y/N. Though you do have a nasty scar, just like Johnny's." 

I quickly covered up my scar while Pony said, "Sure, we're young and innocent." 

"No, not innocent. You've seen too much to be innocent. Just not dirty," Cherry said. 

"Dally's okay. He's tough, but he's a cool old guy." Johnny said. Johnny seems to get really defensive about Dally. Then I remembered Pony told me about how Johnny idolizes Dally and how in a gang, you stick up for your pals. Maybe that was the difference between Socs and Greasers. Greasers stick with each other like family. Socs are solitary. 

"He'd leave you alone if he knew you." Pony said. I scoffed a little bit, and Pony shut up real quick. Dally would never leave me alone. I'm not sure if that was good or bad. I still don't know how I feel about him. He's a dove-feathered raven. 

"Well, I'm glad he doesn't know us." Marcia said.

"I kind of admire him." Cherry continued. I felt my throat burn a little. Was I jealous? No. Gross. I swallowed it down with a swig of Coke. 

After that, it was a lot quieter. Until I heard a low, deep voice, saying "Okay, greasers, you've had it." I whipped around real quick and gave a quick punch to the person standing behind. "Ow, fuck!" It was Two-Bit.

"Glory, Two-Bit, scare us to death!" Pony yelled. 

"Oh sheesh, sorry, Two, I didn't mean to-" I said, putting my hand on his face. He had a little bloody nose and he wiped it off on his shirt.

"Nup, it's alright, I deserved it," he said. "

"Hey Two-Bit."

Sorry kid, I forgot." He messed up Johnny's hair. Johnny was awful pale.

"Johnny, you good?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder. He nodded quickly and gulped. I hated to leave him, but I just needed a break. I slipped down the aisle and went to the concession stand where I stood for a while. I peered back down. They weren't sitting too far from here and I could hear them a little bit. 

"Johnny... he's been hurt bad sometime, huh? And Y/N too. She seems a lot more alert than before. At least from what B/N said." 

"It was the Socs..." 

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation. I wasn't paying attention and I ended up crashing straight into Johnny.

"Oh Lord, sorry, Johnny," I said, helping him up. 

"Sorry, I wasn't lookin. What are you doing here? I thought you were using the bathroom."

"No, I'm just taking a break, what are you doing?"

"Two-Bit sent me to grab him a Coke." 

We kind of stared at each other for a couple minutes with our hands in our jeans. Then, we silently walked back to our seats where everyone was still waiting. The rest of the time, we just sat and watched the movie. I wasn't really paying attention though. I was looking at Johnny. I turned away every time he looked at me though, and acted like I was just watching with everyone else. I just couldn't get him out of my head though. We had a lot in common.