Back to School - Johnny POV

Warnings: None

Word Count: 405

The next few months with Y/N were like a dream. The Curtises let me crash at their place ever since the fight with my old man, and I hated to admit it, but it bothered me a whole lot that they didn't even care about where I was or if I was alright. Dally didn't give a hoot about his old man, and neither did Two-Bit. It was just Y/N and I. And we were different like that. We went on 'dates' a few times, but nothing really fancy. I wanted to give her the best I could, maybe take her to a nice restaurant, but I didn't have the money. 

Soon, I found myself walking with Ponyboy and Y/N to the school. And to my surprise, I found myself in the same classroom as Y/N. She should have been a senior by now. I failed a year back in primary school, so I'm a junior now.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, fingers in my pocket.

She laughed nervously. "Well, after transferring schools mid-year and 'the incident' where none of us were at school for the last few weeks, they decided it was best if I re-took junior year here." 

"Really? But you're so smart-"

"It's alright, I don't mind," she said, smiling brightly. Her smile was so beautiful. Mine just looked like a gorilla gritting its teeth. "Sit with me?" I smiled back, and she grabbed my hand and led me to a desk next to hers. 

The lessons were boring and I always found it hard to pay attention. Y/N was really engaged and seemed to know the answer to every question. I found myself staring out the window and wishing that school would end, ignoring whatever was happening in the classroom. Until-

"Johnny!" the teacher called, slapping a ruler on my desk. 

"Huh?" I snapped back into the lesson. I frantically glanced at the board, hoping for something to answer. I heard the kids chuckling. There was nothing on the desk. I felt a small ball of paper fall into my lap and secretly opened it. 

'93.267' in Y/N's handwriting.

"Uh, 93.267," I blurted. The teacher adjusted her glasses and returned to her desk. I quickly scribbled a 'thank you' and threw it back at her. I thought that was the end of it, but I found the paper on my lap again.

'Meet me after school by streetlight by Pickett and Sutton'