Through the Years - Y/N POV

Warnings: None

Word Count: 294

Johnny and I dated throughout the next two years of high school until I eventually had to leave for college. We stayed in touch, and as soon as I graduated after four years and finished law school, I returned to Tulsa where I was warmly welcomed back by the gang, who looked surprisingly different now that they were older. 

Dally's hair was neater and he dressed cleaner. He had stopped his street life and become, to my complete and utmost surprise, the chief of the police. Apparently, he had decided to right his wrongs and use his fighting abilities to better the town instead of harming it. He was also dating the chief of the fire station, Annabelle. 

Darry had finally saved enough to get through night school and get a job as a doctor in the hospital and move up to a wealthier part of town where he found a girlfriend working as a lawyer. Her name is Nicole. 

Soda never got through high school or college, but surprisingly, he had become the co-owner of a bakery with Steve. And apparently, it was very successful and well known for its chocolate cakes. 

Two-Bit cut out drinking and started a career in acting, where he was playing small parts in movies, hoping to one day become a star. 

Ponyboy was still in college, but everybody was hoping he would be back soon. 

Johnny, Johnny had gone through a community college and become a fourth grade teacher. 

Tulsa had changed a lot since I was last there. It was a lot cleaner and the boundary between Soc and Greaser seemed to have gotten a bit smaller. And as I walked into Darry's new house, I was warmly welcomed back my the gang.