Golden Love - Y/N POV

Warnings: Fluff

Word Count: 648

Johnny led me on blindly, and all I could hear was the soft trudging of his footsteps and the soft night breeze. 

"Alright, look," he whispering and gently removing the blindfold. I was hit with a rush of warm luminescent lighting.  I gasped, looking around. The entire lot was covered in warm yellow and rosy pink lights and there were rose petals sprinkled on the ground and many candles. 

"Wow," I breathed, looking around. "It's so beautiful here!" 

"Happy birthday, princess," he smiled, sitting me down on a soft picnic blanket in the midst of all the broken auto parts. I glanced around at the scenery. I can't believe he did all of this for me! He was perfect. I picked up a flower that was set on the blanket. It was a rose lily. I turned around to see him wearing a blazer and tie with neat and slicked back hair. 

"What are you wearing?" I laughed. He turned red. 

"I don't know, I thought you'd like it," Johnny whispered, embarrassed. "Dally said-"

"You seriously went to Dally for romantic advice?" I giggled. 

"Well, I see your point there," he said, scratching his head. "Sorry-"

"Johnny, I love it. But I like the real you better," I said, messing his hair back up. Johnny sighed with relief.

"Oh thank goodness, you know, this ain't really comfortable," he said, taking the blazer off and tie off. "Anyways,"

Johnny went behind the tree and came out with a guitar. I shot him a confused look, and he sat down beside me. 

"So, I asked Two-Bit to teach me a little guitar..." 

He started strumming Elvis Presley's 'I can't help falling in love with you'. This time, he sang normally in his slight southern accent. 

"Wise men say
Only fools, only fools rush in
Oh, but I, but I, I can't help falling in love with you.

Shall I stay?
Would it be, would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you.

 Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things, you know, are meant to be..."  

I smiled and joined him. 

"Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can"t help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you." 

He handed me a small black box tied with a gold ribbon. 

"What's this?" I asked, curiously.

"Your gift," Johnny said. 

"Johnny, you didn't have to get me anything-"

"No, really. I want you to have it." 

I slowly pulled the gold ribbon and it came off easily. Slowly, I slid the lid off and gazed at it. I softly picked it up and held it up to the stars.  A shimmering gold necklace that read 'Johnny' and 'Y/N' and on the back it said, 'Forever Gold'. 

"You know, I've been thinking about that poem that Ponyboy read us up on Jay Mountain. Nothing Gold can Stay. So when I saw this, I thought of you. And us. I know it's probably weird, but, I got this because, you know, you're gold. And we're gold. Forever." Johnny cursed softly and I knew that he'd messed up what he was supposed to say. But it didn't matter.

"Johnny, I-" I stuttered. "I love it." 

"You do?" he asked. 

"This means a lot to me. I'll wear it forever," I said, handing him the necklace. He swept my hair out of my way and clasped the necklace around my neck. Suddenly, I felt him turn me around quickly, and I found his lips on mine. I shut my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck falling backwards and pulling him down with me. Last time, we were interrupted. No more interruptions. We quickly pulled apart to take a breath and locked lips again. We continued for a couple of minutes before we finally pulled apart. I looked deep into his dark eyes.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too."