Chapter Three: The Backlash (pt. 1)

Third-Person POV

Ciara Zallenda woke up in her bedroom with a sick feeling in her stomach, as if she felt like something bad was going to happen- or something bad had already happened.

And if she was right, then Carson was indeed rejected and banished by none other than her heartless brother.

Ciara swiftly got out of bed and grabbed her favorite sweatpants and Colorado Rockies T-shirt before wrapping her long hair in a neat bun. Just as she was putting on her sneakers, there was a knock at the door. "Come in," she hollered.

The door swung open to reveal a sad-faced Miles (her destined mate) and his grandmother Abby Mae. "Ciara, it's your brother," the former said. "That bastard had the nerve to reject Carson before he allowed that douche Keith and his friends to beat the omega up."

"No," Ciara whimpered, letting a few tears fall down her face. "Is Carson-"

"Carson was given two hours after midnight to leave," Abby Mae said morosely. "If he didn't leave-"

"Then my brother and his cronies would kill him," Ciara finished, her fury mixing in with sadness.

Miles handed her an envelope that had her name. "Carson left you and your family letters," he muttered. "He wanted to make sure that you read his final words for you."

Ciara took the letters, opening the seal to uncover Carson's fancy scrawl (thanks, Mom).

Dear Ciara.

In case you're reading this, then it means two things: your brother had rejected me as your mate and that he either had me killed or banished- more than likely the latter since he'll be lenient to give me some time to leave before he and Keith decided to do the former.

All the same, this omega is out of the pack.

And to be honest with you, I had a feeling that I saw it coming. I mean, it was drilled into my mind that I would never find a mate who'd accept a dark-skinned and emaciated mate like me. Hell, I'd be lucky to survive if I'd been rejected. All the same, I had to do something to ensure that the rest of my days would be peaceful.

"Oh, Goddess," Ciara sobbed. "Carson, please don't tell me that you did it."

I had to perform the Soul Conversion, girl. I know that the idea is scandalous, if not dangerous. But I just couldn't allow myself to die as an omega werewolf and let Regan sleep around with every brainless bimbo that he pleases. So, I decided to live the rest of my days as a human being and find some happiness of my own.

But never let it be said that I'm not grateful for people like you and your family. You were the first one to defend me when the heartless decided to use me as their punching bag while your dad had some of his loyal followers sneak me some food and your mom would heal me of the many wounds and bruises and taught me to read and write since I was denied of going to school. And many of your friends even came down to see about me. I'm even grateful to the pups who came with their parents to bring a smile to my face when I was tired of the tears that I shed. But I couldn't stay in a pack that was too toxic. Knowing Regan, he'd auction me off to another pack that would have me killed before I was given a chance.

I'm taking this opportunity to be happy, girl. Please don't be mad at me. I needed to let things be and let go of the heartache. But I will always be grateful for your kindness as well as those who showed me the same and those who didn't know. As for those who broke me, they had their chance for making things right. And yet they showed me nothing but evil.

Take care of yourself and your parents. And if you see Regan, punch him for me and claim your rightful place as the True Alpha of the Four Aces. Can you grant me that, girl?

I, Carson Hadley, officially leave and cut all ties with the Four Aces pack and sever all ties with the supernatural as of now.

Thank you for everything, girl. May the Goddess bless you.

Carson Hadley.

Ciara was sobbing heavily just as her equally devastated parents came in with their letter from Carson. "Ciara," her mother choked. "Did you read-"

Ciara looked up at her teary-eyed mother. "Yeah," she said. "What did Carson say to you."

Her dad unfolded the letter as he let a few tears fall down his face.

Harvey and Delia Zallenda, the letter began.

You can already tell that I didn't get accepted by your son and that I'm either exiled, killed, or even both. But I decided to make the most of this opportunity to find my happiness- the Soul Conversion. And I know that this might sound selfish of me, but I wasn't going to die slowly and painfully while Regan got to sleep around. I am going to live the rest of my days as a human and find my happiness.

But as I told Ciara, you and your wife showed me kindness when Keith and his fools used me as their punching bag. I'm thankful for you and those who stood up to the haters (even if I faced more pain later on). I'm grateful for the pups who brought me light in the darkness and those who didn't know what was going on. But I couldn't stay long. And if I know your son, he'd make sure that I'd die if I stayed longer.

I'll miss you. Promise me that you'll make Ciara the next Alpha- not Regan. He's too dark and evil to lead the pack. And promise that you'll kick his ass for me.

Thank you for everything, but I must leave.

Carson Hadley.

"That bastard," Miles seethed, his grandmother crying as he shed a few tears of his own. "If only I had known-"

"You did all that you could," Harvey assured the young warrior. "You'll be perfect for my daughter. As for Regan, he'll face my wrath."

"Where is Regan?" Delia wanted to know just as a saddened female server passed their doorway. "Excuse me, Laurel. Where are my son and Keith?"

"In his bedroom- Regan, that is," the blonde server said. "Did he-"

"He did," Harvey said, his eyes glowing red with fury. "He'll pay. Laurel, gather the pack and then call the Council of the Supernatural."

"Your will be done," Laurel said. "Lady Ciara? Carson shouldn't have been exiled. He'd make a great Luna. Promise me that you'll kick Regan's ass."

Ciara stood up, a fierce look in her eyes. "I will. Let's confront my brother."

And the small band of mourners and friends of Carson Hadley left her bedroom to search for the heartless wolf known as Regan Zallenda.

Don't even think about getting comfortable just yet. Part two is coming up next. And folks, this is where things start to go south on Regan Zallenda for what he did! Stick around!

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!