Chapter Twenty (END OF ACT ONE)

Third-Person POV

While Carson and Eurydice were chatting away in the guest room, the pack mansion was bustling with last-minute preparations as most of the members and warriors were getting dressed up for the biggest celebration in history: Carson coming home and his resurrection as well as his newfound status as the Moon Wolf.

Most of the visiting Alphas were coming in from their runs, hunting, or even enjoying a day in downtown Denver and were getting dressed up for the occasion. Music was starting to blast from the speakers as the chefs were bringing out small cocktail drinks and appetizers. Some packs were even hosting private parties of their own while making nice with others. It was a time to be seen and see all that was happening. IT was a time to end old rivalries and cement new friendships and alliances. Even some celebrities- major and minor- came to talk fashion and lunch dates.

But amongst the cheerful occasion was something ominous and dark in the form of a well-dressed Alpha werewolf.

He of course knew what had happened with Regan Zallenda and was very displeased at what the fallen young pariah had committed against Carson. But he also realized that Carson didn't need the Elite Eight as his mates at all. This Alpha knew that Carson was destined to be his and his alone- not only as his TRUE mate but also as the future ruler of the darkness that he wanted to control.

The young man- tall, athletic, sable-brown hair in a crewcut- came to the main foyer and accepted a glass of champagne from a passing server. He sniffed around the foyer, hoping to catch the scent of the Moon Wolf. he smiled thinly, taking in all of the camaraderies. "Tonight maybe your homecoming, Carson Hadley- or rather, Carson DuBauer," he said to himself, sipping on his champagne. "And even your Elite Eight mates are happy that you are alive. But I have bigger plans for you, my Moon Wolf. Regan Zallenda was indeed an idiot for rejecting you, but he wrong about one thing- he and I were destined to rule. Since his tragic death, it's now up to me to assume my role as the True Alpha and make sure that you are truly loved."

Downing the last of the champagne, he headed for the ballroom where most of the guests were enjoying the snacks before the dinner. Carson DuBauer, you'll be mine completely, he thought as he shook hands and made conversation with a few Betas from Houston. I'll bide my time and let you enjoy your "courtship" with those silly Alphas. But once you feel secure and distracted, I'll come for you and make sure that you are mine and mine alone. And as for those goofballs...all bets are off.

The first night of the three-day homecoming celebration was about to begin. And soon, the Moon Wolf's journey to being a royal would begin.

*****END OF ACT ONE********

You heard it here, first! And this officially wraps up act one of this mega-saga right here, boys and girls! And with you all getting a taste of what you'll expect from our newest threat, act two is going to be full of new faces (including Carson's ninth mate), Carson shifting into his supernatural sides, game-changers, some fluff and puff, and lots of drama ahead. Plus, we'll also hear from our mystery threat in some chapters until he and Carson meet face to face! All I can tell you is that act two is going to be full of surprises! So keep it locked for all the juicy moments. And in the meantime, reread chapters 1-20 to catch up with what's going on! If you see any spelling/grammatical mistakes or any snafus that I left behind, let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this far! I promise you that this story is going to be juicy from here! And you'll be satisfied with what I have to share with all of you. I guarantee it as it all comes from the House of Evers! If you like what you see, then show this writer some love and...

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!