Chapter Twenty-Eight

Unknown #1's POV

Birthdays.

It's a time to celebrate another day of being born and another year of being older.

And even I knew that my beloved Carson never had a proper birthday at all. Thanks to Regan, he was greeted by punches and threats of death if he ran away or told Harvey, Delia, or Ciara. Those haters wanted him out of their lives by any means.

My baby's most tragic birthday was when he was three days shy of being rejected and kicked out of the pack. And I bet that he wanted no part of the celebrations.

But soon, as I sit here in the diner just wondering how to claim what's rightfully mine, I plan to make sure that Carson's future birthdays are full of happiness and laughter- even if we're ruling in darkness.

A svelte waitress pours my free cup of coffee, sending me teasing winks. As much as she is picture-perfect beautiful, I don't want her. "What's new?" she asked me.

I look up into her hopeful eyes. "I'm just hoping that my destined mate would come into my arms and make me the happiest man alive," I replied. "I'm sure that I'll make HIM very happy."

Her eyes dimmed when she learns that I'm gay. At least she got the message. "Well, I hope you have plans to celebrate with everyone else here in Denver," she replied. "I know that my sisters and I will as will everyone else here."

"What's the occasion?"

"Didn't you hear? It's the week-long celebration of the young prince Carson DuBauer," she replied. "And everyone who's anyone will be at the big masquerade ball at the Palace of the Wolves. That kid is so lucky right now. I wish I could pool all of my savings in to give him a perfect gift. I heard that he's been gifted many extravagant gifts- luxury cars, jewelry, roses by the dozens, stuffed animals, and all that jazz."

A party. For Carson? Hell, yes! "I do love a good party," I replied. "And I bet that all of the Alphas are coming to town for the event, right?"

"You know it," the waitress replied. "Now, you might want to get some food in you, cutie pie. What can I get you?"

And as I take my lunchtime order, I was already planning on something to let him know that I was soon to arrive. And by the end of the night, all of the other guests will know my name- Ryan Zallenda, the Alpha of the Dark Moon pack full of disgraced Alphas and rogues.

And like I said, I do love a good party.

**********

Unknown #2's POV

I knew it.

Regan Zallenda's twin brother was indeed at the homecoming party and he's the one out to claim Carson as his own. I still can't believe that two brothers of evil are planning to rule the world with evil in their hearts.

Regan was a fool to reject Carson, but he's in eternal damnation. Ryan Zallenda is set on making Carson his. And I promised my sister that I guard him with my life.

It was soon time to reveal myself to him and tell him of what will come. My name is Medusa Euryale St. Matthews, the sworn protector of the young prince Carson DuBauer and the sister of the Moon Goddess. And I will not fail him, his fathers/brothers, and his mates- including the final one that is my brother.

"Carson, my nephew, I promise to protect you and your loved ones," I said as I accepted another glass of iced tea. "You and I will meet tonight with your Mother and I will need to be by your side when you begin your shifts."

And that was a promise.

Short chapter, I know, but it's going to be leading up to the next four chapters featuring Carson's birthday party and first multi-transformations as a Moon Wolf, feline-shifter, vampire, angel, merman, demon, hellhound, dragon, and phoenix! Oh, yeah! I got ONE MORE SURPRISE for you all regarding Carson's ninth and final mate! Don't you dare miss out on this!

But coming up in the next chapter, Carson and the gang are getting ready for the big party themselves and they learn of the mystery threat's identity! It's too good to pass up! See you later!

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!

The Moon Wolf DiariesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara