Chapter Six

Third-Person POV

Regan Zallenda was not a happy werewolf.

Since that fateful night that he rejected Carson two years ago, he was now the pariah of the Four Aces Pack and catching a lot of heat for what he did.

His sister Ciara was the current Alpha (the first Female Alpha of the pack since their late great-grandmother) and was mated to Miles (the former warrior turned male Luna), who was currently carrying their first pup- a female Alpha.

None of the women would dare go near him, not even the pack's former slut Kayleigh Brewer (who was a surprisingly good friend and ally of Carson's since she snuck him food) who was now the current mate of a top warrior and had twin pups.

He was shunned by the rest of the warriors who weren't imprisoned for the abuse.

His former best friend Keith (now released from the dungeons and mated to a male beta named Lachlan and expecting twins- Quelle surprise) wasn't talking to him.

And now, he was at the farthest corner of the large kitchen, peeling potatoes and stewing on how his life had gone downhill. "Damn fucking runt," he snarled, tossing the thousandth peeled potato to the side. "Everyone's pissed off at me for rejecting that freak. I still won't accept him even if he was fighting for his life. Omegas! They're nothing but trouble."

There was a knock on the door of his small bedroom (that doubled as his station). "What?" he barked.

The door swung open to reveal Maria, the no-nonsense head cook. "Alpha Ciara wants to see you at the foyer," was all she said. "Now."

Regan sighed heavily, tossing the potato peeler to the side before changing into some clean clothes. A few minutes later, he exited his tiny bedroom/station and followed Maria through the kitchens. As he walked, he noticed that the once-boisterous kitchen was now filled with sadness, more so than the time they learned of Regan's actions. It was more of the same as he went through the mansion. The pups were hugging their mothers and the nurses that took care of them. A few male warriors were silently weeping before turning away from Regan.

What the hell is going on, Regan thought to himself. It's as if someone up and died.

The chef and Regan finally reached the middle of the grand foyer as he saw his sister and brother-in-law chatting away silently with a dark-skinned older woman who was a big as a barn and a younger woman who looked like her daughter. I'd bang her, Regan thought, sizing up the petite younger woman. "Alpha," he intoned, bowing slightly.

"You may rise," Alpha Ciara said firmly. "Regan, this is Lady Marianne Napier of the Dark Dahlia witch coven from Boulder. Beside her is her daughter Fianna."

"Charmed," Regan said, winking at Fianna.

"Sorry, wolf. I got a man," Fianna said snidely. "And so do you."

Regan rolled his eyes. "If it's about that mutt, you can forget it," he said.

SLAP!

The older woman known as Marianne was now crying. "You brat!" she said angrily. "You need to save his life because he's in a coma right now after I lost my other daughter and grandson to a drunk driver! If he dies, this is all on your hands.

Regan's eyes went wide as his wolf Anubis was howling. "What?" he said. "He's in a coma?"

"Yes, and you need to wake him up and take him as your mate," Fianna said.

You arrogant asshole, Anubis snarled in his head. I'm about to lose the one person that could've been happy if it wasn't for you!

Regan blocked his wolf just as he saw his equally solemn parents join the group. "No," was all he said.

POW!

He soon fell onto his back as he sported a bloody nose courtesy of Fianna before she kicked him in the balls. "Fuckin' hell!" he bellowed, holding his manly bits.

"Now I see why Carson had to leave this pack," Fianna scoffed, her eyes glowing in power. "My sister was right on the money about you, pig! Carson had dodged the bullet when you rejected him. I thank the Goddess that he had the good sense to leave this pack and perform the Soul Conversion. But now, he needs you and you still stand by your word of kicking him out."

Regan grunted. "I should've killed him instead," he muttered as he staggered to his feet. "I should've eaten his flesh in front of the pack and then-"

POW!

He was back on the ground, this time it was by his father. "Shut up," Harvey growled, letting his wolf Ares show.

"WHERE IS THE BASTARD? WHERE IS REGAN ZALLENDA?!"

All eyes turned to the direction of the entryway as two athletically built young men- one blonde and one brunette- stormed their way to the group. And everyone knew who they were: Iain and Archer DuBauer, the Kings of the Werewolves with Iain being the blonde and Archer being the brunette. "Your Majesties," everyone (except for Regan) said as they bowed lowly.

"Thank Goddess that you came here," Fianna said, walking towards the royally-dressed men. "You already met my mother, the leading witch of the Dark Dahlia coven back in Boulder. This is Alpha Female Ciara Zallenda and her mate Miles. Her parents are the former Alpha and Luna Harvey and Delia. And the fool on the ground (she glared at the now-staggering Regan) is Regan."

"We know who they are," Iain said. "Alpha Ciara, you and your family deserved to be honored for taking care of our son Regan. The treatment that he received from his bullies was disgusting and I'm glad that you and your father dealt with the punishments on those who mistreated Carson."

Regan's eyes went wide. Oh. Shit, he thought. The runt was the son of kings. I thought his parents were killed by rogues.

"We needed to reform this pack to what it is," Ciara replied. "And I thought that his original parents were killed by rogues."

"Those were the people designated to take care of him while Iain and I were away," Archer replied. "And now, we are looking for the fool who rejected our son and kicked him out. I will not hesitate to kill everyone until we find out where he is."

All fingers were pointed at Regan, who was shaking in fear.

"Are you Regan Zallenda, the foolish and insolent boy who rejected our son?" King Iain said menacingly.

Regan nodded. "But it was for-"

That was the last thing he said before Iain's fist greeted Regan's face, the disgraced wolf falling unconscious.

PERIODT!

It just goes to show that the bigger the arrogance, the harder the fall. Too bad no one told Regan that. Or...maybe they did and he didn't listen. Reap what you sow, I guess.

There's more to come, my pretty ones, as we'll see Regan get roasted by two more people before Carson meets the Moon Goddess with some jaw-dropping game-changers that will really set the game up! Y'all aren't ready for this!

Dedication: SugarBunny074.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!