Chapter Thirty-Seven

This can't be real.

Therefore, it can't be happening.

This can't be real.

Therefore, it shouldn't be happening.

This can't be real.

Therefore, it isn't happening.

But the longer I felt this rogue Alpha's lips on mine as he roughly made out with me and his laughter filling my mouth, I realized that it WAS real and it was happening. And I had a million thoughts in my mind.

This isn't right. My first kiss isn't with my mates.

He's shameless, Carson! Break away from him!

He stole my first kiss from me.

Ew! He smells like rotting dead bodies and blood.

What the fuck, what the fuck, what the ACTUAL FUCK!

He finally broke away, a proud look on his face as he stepped away from me with his eyes full of lust and joy. "I bet that none of those nine idiots can kiss you like I can," he said before he gives me a pointed look. "Or... you haven't been kissed yet at all. Poor baby. At least I can be the first one to claim your lip virginity."

"You bastard," I spat angrily, wiping my mouth and grimacing. "You do not kiss anyone who's been claimed, rogue Alpha!"

"Oh, come now," Ryan mock[-pouted. "Those fools haven't even marked you yet and they were really foolish to leave your skin intact from bite marks, no matter if your skin is too pretty to be touched. And since you're now your human form as a werecat, I can easily see that you need someone to finally mark you."

"Like hell you're going to bite him," Arianna screeched, giving him a scathing glare as she, Colleen, and Lailani got out their hunting knives. To me, "Carson, don't work yourself up."

"Oh, but I want him to," Ryan purred. "You see, whores, I alone can give Carson what he needs: power, purpose, a means to rule the world with an iron fist. In return, he can be me our future children who will be the right amount of caramel skin and fair-textured hair with their powers gifted by their father. IF he stays with those nine idiots- ugh, I don't want to even think about it. Him sharing nine mates isn't a pretty sight and they must be pathetic to-"

At the mention of my mates and in a blind rage, I pulled out my gun. BANG! BANG!

"Fuck! You crazy little bastard," he hissed, clutching his now-bleeding arm. "You shot me."

"You mocked my mates and ruined my first kiss," I calmly replied, my face neutral. "And just so you know, I don't like it when someone belittles or trash-talk my mates like that. I am the Moon Wolf, the son of the Moon Goddess herself and the next in line to the Werewolf Kingdom with my brothers/fathers and my mates ruling beside me. And I'll be damned if I let you try to woo me when you're not worthy. And I'll be double-damned if you're going to try anything to take me against my will since you remind me of your brother- the one who broke my heart. Now, I'm giving you three minutes to say what you need to say before three of my hunting friends- and one pissed-off matriarch, by the way- will turn you from a rooster to a hen with their weapons IF a female Alpha doesn't turn you into mincemeat or two witches will turn you into a toad."

"Go ahead, Carson!" One of the hair-washers said as several royal guards came into the salon.

"That's our boy right there," Lailani drawled.

Ryan chuckled. "Baby, you're smoking hot when you look pissed off," he said. "That's why I want you and you alone. None of those mates-"

"Watch it," Ciara growled, letting her wolf Isis show through her red eyes.

"Sorry," Ryan said. "Anyway, I still plan on claiming you as my one and only mate. I'm preparing for everything as we speak and soon you and I will be the best couple whom many will envy. We'll be the most feared and the most powerful. And again, with your brains and powers and my braun and wit, we can split the world in half and make everyone bow to us."

"One minute left," I hissed, Anais growling as he was ready to show up and fight.

"Think about it," he said. "Until we meet again, my sweet. I'll be dreaming of-"

A loud crash cut him off as he was suddenly hit by a large gray wolf. Miles. And the pregnant wolf was not happy at all. "What the-"

"Thank you, babe," Ciara crooned to her wolfish mate, who barked in reply. To the now-stunned Ryan. "My mate is not too happy that you see you trying to corrupt his future godbrother. Now, we're giving you ten seconds to leave the salon or he'll tear out your heart. Understood?"

"Un-understood," Ryan stammered, all bravado as the fully-shifted wolf known as Miles got off of him and growled so loud it made Ryan race out of the room with the fear of my Mother in his eyes.

I accepted a small cup of mouthwash. "Bad cologne," I muttered, spitting into a nearby sink. "I need something to drink and get rid of his saliva."

"I got you," a male stylist said, handing me a glass of cola. "Damn, that asshole is really asking it! Your mates are not going to be happy about this, Your Grace."

That's right. I remembered that my mates were probably on their way right now if someone saw what was going on and-

"Carson!"

And here comes both Alain and Francisco, the latter with his white angelic wings out while Alain was wearing only form-fitting leather pants in a color of sea-green. "Are you okay?" Alain said, wrapping me in a hug and rubbing his seawater-mint-infused scent on me.

"Better now that you're here," I said, instantly shifting into my merman Francois. "How did you-"

"Madam Maritza called us," Gavin said, his eyes glowing in anger. "She told us about Zallenda and him kissing you. He stole your lip-virginity from you, love. He took away the intended kiss that you planned to save for one or all of us."

"I know a way to fix that," I murmured, branding my lips on the merman and savoring his essences of seawater, peppermints, and honey as our tongues danced in synchronized passion and bliss. Now, THIS was a proper kiss- one that is done with love and commitment with someone who is destined to be my mate.

"Hot damn!" Mama Marianne cheered, filming every moment. "This ought to make that wolf realize who Carson belongs to! I'm filming this live on Facebook and Instagram and it's now a hit with 1 million views so far!

"You bet it does," I said, breaking the kiss much to Alain's dismay. "To all of you watching, I just had my first kiss stolen from the rogue wolf known as Ryan Zallenda, the Alpha of the Dark Moon werewolf pack. But he is not my destined mate no matter what he says or believes. I'm taking my first kiss back with Alain Greynier, the Alpha merman of the Moonbeam mermen coven. He and the other eight mates- Gavin, Ferdinand, Francisco, Quentin, Nicholas, Dominic, and Zechariah of the Elite Eight and Anis the Sun God- are my real mates. I love them and I know they love me. And Ryan Zallenda, you may have stolen my first kiss, but you will NEVER- EVER- own my heart!"

The room erupted in cheers as Gavin swept me up in his arms and kissed me with the same passion as I did with Alain with his flavors of honey and apples drenching my tongue and coating my cheeks. "I love you," he breathed before joining Alain in racing out of the salon with skips in their steps.

We settled back down and got back to our salon work with Maritza offering me all of the services on the house while Ciara offered to pay for the damages that Miles left behind.

Then, the rest of the afternoon was spent at the spa and all of the troubles were temporarily washed away with body wraps, heated stones, facials, skin exfoliations, and saunas. It was all so good that I didn't object to a mud bath after my muscles were melted away by a smiling-yet-powerful female bear-shifting Swede named Inga.

"Carson? I just called in all of the hunters and matriarchs to get an APB out on that asshole Ryan," Bianca said as she and I enjoyed a relaxing soak in the hot springs. "This is not what I had planned at all. I'm sorry for-"

"It was bound to happen, B.," I cut her off. "I'm still pissed off for him kissing me like that. But I don't regret shooting him in the arm."

Bianca chuckled. "You should've shot his cock off, to be honest," she said. "But you were a badass with the Desert Eagle gun that Clay gifted you. He taught you well."

"Thanks," I demurred before getting serious. "But the heat is on right now as Ryan is now making his plans to take me from my mates. We need to form a plan and get everything set up for what might happen."

"It'll happen," Eurydice said as he and Topaz walked in with their bathrobes covering their modesty and their faces caked with avocado-based cream. "I just called your dads and they're expecting us right now alongside your Mom and the other Gods and Goddesses."

My eyes went wide at the mention of the other Gods and Goddesses- my maternal heavenly relatives. "You mean that they're-"

"They're at the palace as we speak," Topaz confirmed. "And they all want to meet you, child. You're one lucky bastard!"

Oh. Boy. I have a feeling that this was going to be a long evening full of angry and protective males and the rest of us needing time to think, myself more so given the circumstances. All the same, there was no going back. It was soon time to prepare for the inevitable and I was going to rely on my family and friends as well as my Mother's plans and my wits. Ryan Zallenda, you better be ready.

Ain't that the truth, sugar-bee! In the next chapter, Carson meets his Mother's divine family members before he gets ready for his mating heat- but not before he has a meltdown after being kissed by Ryan Zallenda. Y'all show him some love because he could use it!

Dedication: aleqtro and belkisaris.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!