Chapter Seven

Regan's eyes flew open, his headache growing more as he saw the glare of Dr. Oliver Vincenzo before he sat straight up. "Ah, fuck," he winced in pain, rubbing his temples. "What time is it?"

"It's almost the end of the dinner hour," Dr. Vincenzo said crisply, his eyes narrowed in silts. "And you're lucky that Maria the cook was grateful to let you off today after the Alpha Kings punched you silly for-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know," Regan muttered. "Everyone's still pissed off for rejecting that mutt and kicking him out."

"That mutt you speak of has a name: Carson Hadley," Dr. Vincenzo said as his twin brother Owen (who was also glaring at the disgraced werewolf) came into the room. "And Owen and I both agree with your parents as well as Alpha Female Ciara and Miles. You have officially fucked up, son. Your arrogance and bias led you to this."

"I was doing what was best for my interest," Regan defended himself, his wolf Anubis snarling in anger. "I needed a strong female, not some emaciated dark-skinned runt, who can be a true Luna."

"But let me ask you this," Owen said. "If you were mated to a female omega, would you reject her?"

Regan gave both doctors a pointed look. "Uh, yeah," he said as if the twins were slow to understand his viewpoints.  "The perfect female for me has to be sexy, strong, smart, and yet submissive and willing to cater to my needs. And anyway, all I want in a female is someone to sire me the next MALE Alpha before I toss her away and make her go rogue."

Both Oliver and Owen were unamused by his answer. "Regan Zallenda, you are the most idiotic man on the planet," the former said lowly, his eyes glowing gold. "Of all the wolves my brother and I have seen in here, you are the biggest fool in the world. If it weren't for our code as doctors, our wolves Castor and Pollux would have agreed to lace your IV with wolfsbane so you would be too weak to do anything but die. Omegas are a gift from the Moon Goddess herself and all Alphas are taking them as their mates left and right. Even my brother and I have been mated off to Omegas and our husbands make sure that we are loved."

"Carson was a sweet kid who was forced by your friends to live in the shadows and be used as a punching bag," Owen added. "We both have treated for his scars numerous times. The number of times he was brought in by Harvey or Delia was enough to make us both cry. If it wasn't for him performing the Soul Conversion two years ago, you might have killed him when you were whoring around. And thanks to you, he's at the UC Hospital fighting for his life."

Regan shrugged casually. "To be honest, he doesn't deserve to come back from the dead," he replied. "I think that the world would be better off without omegas and faggots. I rejected him so he'd be dead, free to rot in hell so I can be happy."

Both twins cursed silently in Portuguese, their wolves Castor and Pollux wanting to claw out his eyes but were wisely held back by their human counterparts. "You're a fool, Regan Zallenda," Oliver said as he and his brother collected their belongings. "You're a fucking fool. Lady Ciara and Sir Miles told us to let you sleep in here for the night and someone will be in to hand you some food. If you'll excuse us, we've got our mates to return to. unlike you, they are very lucky to claim us."

The twin doctors left the room just as a serving girl came in to drop off a dinner plate for Regan. "Carson, Carson, Carson," Regan said angrily as he ate his dinner. "Even when he's not here, he's trouble."

Why me? Of all the male humans I could have chosen to be a part of, why did I have to be stuck with you? Anubis mourned. You, Regan Zallenda, are a cold-hearted jackass. The Moon Goddess herself is not happy with you at all.

Regan blocked his wolf, sipping on a glass of iced tea. "Carson, the moment you die will the moment I party hard," he said to himself. "I should've eaten you alive that night. I should've torn your flesh in two and then fuck every side chick on your rotting carcass before eating your beating heart."

**********

Carson's POV

"Wake up, my child."

My eyes flew open to find that I was currently in a dark void- the same void that held the comatose or the newly-dead between the land of the living and the afterlife. "Hello?" I hollered out. "Anyone here?"

And then... I saw the most beautiful woman emerge out of blinding white light- her skin like caramels and her long hair as black as a raven's wing. She wore a beautiful gown that was covered in jewels as she sported an elegant tiara on her head. "Moon Goddess," I said, immediately bowing low as I recognized her at once.

"Rise, my child," the Moon Goddess said softly. "And please, call me Mom."

I stood up straighter, taking a deep breath. "Ma'am, you're too regal for me to call you Mom as you are the creator of all supernaturals," I said. "I need to be as formal as possible to make sure that-"

"I know, my child," the Moon Goddess said, smiling widely. "But you do not know that I am your real Mother. You are born from my lineage as you are one of the three children that I have created from my womb."

"Wait, what?" I said. "I mean, I'm not doubting you or anything, but this is-"

"Let your mind be at ease, Carson," she said, motioning for me to sit. "Now, I have seen all that you have been through while in the Four Aces Pack- the mistreatment by those who hated you, the way you had to live in the basement, those who have shown kindness to you, those who didn't know offering you some love and support, and the night that Regan Zallenda made a foolish choice to reject you as his mate. It was also destiny that you performed the Soul Conversion so you can find some happiness as a human while giving some to Miss Gia and her son before they crossed over to the afterlife.

"I have seen it all, Carson, before it was time for you and me to meet at last," she went on. "And as you are fighting for your life back home, I needed to make sure that Regan would pay for his sins. His rejection and stubbornness will lead to his ultimate demise by my hands. But, you need to know that you are destined for so much more- starting with you getting your second-chance mate- or rather, eight second-chance mates."

My eyes went wide. "No way," I breathed.

"Yes, my child. you are the one who had been scorned by love once, but you will be loved by eight more- another werewolf, a werecat shifter, a vampire, a merman, an angel, a demon, a hellhound, and even a dragon shifter. All of them are coming right now to see you as the Gathering of the Alpha Leaders will begin at the Four Aces Pack," she explained. "As for Regan, he will soon know of his fate as only darkness lies within his heart."

"So, what can I do?" I wanted to know.

The Moon Goddess- my birth mother- smiled softly. "All you need to do is sleep," she replied. "You and I will need to discuss your true purpose and your true legacy as my child... and my co-successor."

The last thing I felt on my head was a kiss before I gave in to the wave of sleep. I had a feeling that there were going to be a lot of surprises coming my way. And I was grateful for this rest in the void.

I bet you all are  gagging over this story, am I right? Carson is the son of the Moon Goddess herself and he still thinks of her as royalty!

As for Regan? We know he's a lost cause who's digging deeper and deeper into his grave for his big fat mouth. And in the next chapter? Well, stay tuned!

Dedication: CeCeLib.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!