Chapter Thirty-Six

If there's one thing that an omega wolf (male or female) knows about the one thing when preparing for their first time and being dressed and primped into their inner sex siren, it's all about one word: makeover.

Wait, there are two words: makeover and shopping.

And such was the case for yours truly as I was currently in a white limousine (courtesy of the Altimare Dynasty) with the Albritton women, Fianna and her mother, Ciara and her mother, Colleen, Colin's girlfriend Lailani (a huntress from the Beckham Dynasty who gave me a blood-red Corvette Stingray and a Mercedes-Benz roadster) and the Joneslake-Skye phoenix cousins while we were en-route to the fancy Colonnade shopping mall at the rich side of Denver. "You guys never cease to amaze me," I commented in my Portuguese accent, sipping on a glass of champagne. "When you said that we were going out for a shopping spree and my makeover, y'all really make sure that I arrive in style."

"Hey, you know that Colin would never forgive us if we let you ride alone," Lailani, an Amazonian young woman with chocolate-colored skin and dredlocks that was wrapped in a bun, replied as she touched up her lipstick. "AAnd we know that you don't like to ride in one of those cars we gift you, so this is the best option."

"True," Fianna replied. "But today is when we make sure that you look your best and that you have everything you need to make sure that your heat goes off without a hitch."

"About that." I sat down my flute. "What is the proper way to make sure that I have no unwanted attention when it hits?"

Ciara gave me a warm smile. "Well, we got that covered," she told me. "For one thing, you might want to make sure that you lie low for a few days. And with most of the soldiers with us and back at the palace still unmated, you already know that they'll fight to the death and make sure that you become theirs."

My eyes lit up in realization. "Ah, that's why Iain and Archer recommended that I stay at your place for the time being," I remembered.

"Yeah, but won't the unmated males attack him there?" Eurydice wanted to know. "There's  plenty of unmated boys who might want to jump our boy's bones."

"No, cuz. The hunters will be there as will you and I," Topaz pointed out. "And, we'll be staying in one of the guesthouses there."

"Right," Colleen smiled. "We won't have to worry about Colin and Clayton since Lailani has Colin on a tight leash and Clayton is as human as me."

Okay, so I know of four guys who won't hunch on me and snatch my virginity. Good to know.

"We're almost there," Mrs. Albritton said gleefully as she looked up from her tablet. "Carson, you will have the entire Four Winds Spa to yourself after we shop for new outfits and skincare. Plus, Maritza from La Sekari Salon will be expecting you to make sure that your body is glowing from head to toe."

"I know that I'm ready," Mama Marianne cheered. "I could use a new pair of Louboutins- in black, of course."

"Same here," Mrs. Zallenda piped up. "But I want some new Jimmy Choos and Pradas as well."

And the rest of the talk gave way to what the women wanted for themselves and what they recommended for me. Oh, how I can only imagine what was going to go down at the mall.

************

The first stop was the mall, with a special section cordoned off from prying eyes and the paparazzi while some policemen and hunters were on duty. And I was soaking on the lessons of dressing well by Ciara, Fianna, Bianca, and Colleen while we went from store to store- from checking out colors that paired my personality and "season ("You're obviously both a spring and an autumn kid," Fianna noted)" to learning the difference between a single-breasted jacket to a double-breasted to picking out the perfect shoes to match an outfit depending on the occasion.

And speaking of shoes, I was given a lesson on how to walk properly in oxfords and boots by a hardy Swede who took no pity on me at all. But it only took me two tries until I was deemed perfect. And for my pains, I was gifted with early access to the latest designs (including a pair of men's Red-Bottoms sneakers- not kidding at all, folks. Louboutin makes men's sneakers with the red bottom).

By the end of the clothes shopping, it was time to visit Sephora and Ulta Beauty when Lailani and Mrs. Albritton tested my skin with facial creams, lotions, night-creams, lip balm, and lip venom. And I was understanding the term "Shop 'til you drop" well because I was getting ready to collapse from trying on new clothes and shoes. Boy, it's not always easy to look like a royal, but it must be worth it.

Thankfully, we enjoyed a brief lunch before it was time to head to the salon (the spa was slightly delayed because the owner wanted to make sure that everything was prepared). Maritza Bermudez, a lithe older woman who could give both Bianca and Lailani a run for their money with her beauty and height, escorted me inside with some of her stylists on hand. "Your Majesty, it's an honor for you to visit my salon so you can look your best for your upcoming mating season," she trilled happily in her Mexican accent. "My team will make sure that you look scrumptious for your mates- Anis included."

"Thank you, ma'am," I replied, shaking my head.

"And of course, you'll let me make you over in the other human forms of your supernatural sides," she went on. "I want all of your mates to see the hidden beauty of your sides."

"Wait, what?" Anais said.

"You heard her," Cairo sassed.

"Bloody hell," both Gareth and Viktor humphed as I heard Nikolai whimper.

"Oh, buck up," I inwardly told them. "If I gotta go through with this, so do you."

And while the naysaying halves were protesting away, I was soon being swept away in a sea of haircuts, mani-pedis, and waxing (ouch!) and primping by the female stylists. It was like polishing all of my woes away.

And I said so myself to the female worker who was washing my hair (as Seraphiel). "It's so good," I murmured dreamily.

"Wow, I never saw a male omega be this excited about a trip to the salon," she replied. "If you weren't mated to the Nine, I'd get my brother to marry you, cutie."

"Nah, girl," I heard a Black woman say from the other side of the room as she worked on Fianna's scalp. "He should totally date my cousin. He's an Alpha dragon, by the way. And he's rich."

And then came a chilling voice that sounded way too familiar. "Ladies, he should be dating me. Besides, I am the Dark Moon Alpha and I think that Carson would be better off with me."

I snapped open my eyes and raised my head out of the bowl to stare into the face of evil: the eyes the color of cloudy skies, kissable lips, strong jawline, and a smirk that could melt any woman's heart.

"You must be Ryan Zallenda, the one that everyone's warning me about," I said, sitting up in my chair as a team of stylists came to my side with a couple of them having their guns at their sides. "Why are you here?"

"That I am," he said. "And of course, you knew of my late twin brother- the one who was foolish to shatter your heart and kick you out of the pack that was never his to rule in the first place. He was foolish to kick out such a beauty like yourself."

"What do you want?" I said lowly and firmly.

Ryan chuckled, shaking his head. "Straight to the point, aren't we?" he drawled. "All right, I'll bite. I want you in my pack, Carson... as my Luna."

"Oh, hell no!" Fianna spat as she was about to rise from her chair had it not been for her stylist keeping her in place to protect her. "He's not yours, fool!"

"Not yet," Ryan replied. To me, "Carson, you and I can be a powerful duo with your many forms and my power and dominance. The two of us can saw this world in half and take over with dark magic ruling everyone. None of those nine imbeciles can offer you what I can."

"But you're not what I want or need," I replied, standing up from my chair and slowly walking towards the man who resembled my ex-mate. "And I can tell that you are full of darkness and greed. All you want from me is-"

I didn't finish my sentence because his lips suddenly branded mine.

What. The. Fuck?!!!

I hate to leave this on a cliffhanger, but it'll be worth it since Carson has something to say about this kiss in the next chapter and you'll like how it all goes down!

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!