Chapter Fifty-Nine (The Wedding and Coronation, Pt. Two)

"Dearly Beloved," the bishop, a kind and elderly dragon-shifter, said after I walked down the aisle to "Nessun Dorma" by a solo trumpeter and string quartet, "We have come together to celebrate the n between Carson DuBauer and his nine chosen mates: Alain, Nicholas, Gavin, Ferdinand, Quentin, Francisco, Zechariah, and Dominic of the Elite Eight and Anis the Sun God. This celebrated union between these gentlemen has been blessed by the Moon Goddess and the other Gods and Goddesses. And this bond that these gentlemen are entering into is one that is not to be taken lightly by them or anyone else who witnessed this ceremony. Before I begin, I must ask if anyone who thinks that this union should not be committed let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Aside from a few coughs, silence remained.

"Carson and the Nine, the ten of you are now preparing yourselves to be joined together with the blessed bonds by the Moon Goddess," the bishop went on. "This is not to be taken lightly or used as any other means for personal gain. If either of you thinks that this union should not be committed, you may now confess it and be free to find solace in not committing an unholy act."

My mates and I remained silent, knowing that we wanted each other for our love for one another.

"One of the nine and Carson will exchange vows," began Alison Mauzey, Zechariah's aunt and the head leader of the Council. "These vows are a symbol of their love for one another and their covenant for their eternal bond."

Alain stood forward and smiled widely. "Carson, our love and the reason that we live, the day that we heard of your tragedy and how you were rejected were when my friends and mates and I knew that we needed to meet you," he said, his Irish accent filling the air in the church. "And when we felt the bond between you and all of us, we knew that our circle- the link that we thought would never be fulfilled, was complete. We knew of your suffering and saw that you were hurting. And even while you were comatose, you showed that you were a warrior and that you stood strong throughout all circumstances. I thank the heavens every day for this chance and I speak for my brethren and Anis when we say that you will be loved for all eternity even until the end of time. Not even the hands of Death itself will break our vow for you."

I saw Arianna being escorted outside by an usher, her tears of joy being unable to hold back.

It was now my turn. "My loves," I began. "I never imagined being right here at this moment. I was always told that I would die young and I would never find a bondmate because I was pathetic and a runt. That was years ago when I was locked away in the basement of the Four Aces pack. And when Regan rejected me as his mate, I thought that I was destined to die alone and live out my days as a human. Funny how things can change after a car crash and weeks in a coma after the loss of Gia and her son Lucas, who are looking down in heaven with pride in their hearts. Since waking up, I learned to not take anything for granted and accepted my new fateful of love and happiness. And now that the time has come to be united with all of you, I knew that I was blessed by my Mother- the Woman who was there at the dawn of creation with Her Siblings. I knew that this was when I was finally at peace. I vow to stay faithful and true to all of you and make you all happy in many ways possible. And not even the hands of Death can break my vow. I love all nine of you for your perks and quirks. You accepted me for who I am and I am thankful every day that I wake up in your arms."

"This is rich," I heard Ciara sob into her father's arms.

The bishop turned to the selected witnesses: Fianna, Eurydice's father Damian (in place for his son who was outside covering the wedding), and one of Gavin's Betas. "Do you three witness these vows and vow to keep them accountable?" he asked.

"We have," all three said sternly.

After the mandatory vows were said and the rings were exchanged, my mates and I took our communion to the song of Psalm 121 by a celebrated soprano and the children's choir before taking a seat to listen to singers perform various arias of their choices. Then, my Mother stood forward as Iain and Archer joined us with the Gods and Goddesses and various members of the royal guards. "Rise, my son and his mates," She instructed me and my mates.

WE did so quickly and joined Her and the others in the middle of the altar.

"Today is one of celebrations as a new era begins," She told the crowd as She and the others held a gold crown of diamonds in their heads- one for each of us. "My three sons are fulfilling the prophecy of joining Me and MY family in accepting their roles as the Moon Wolf Kings and co-rulers of the supernatural. And with Carson finally coming back to the land of the living to accept his new destiny after being denied of the old one, he and his mates will begin a new dynasty that will be the sacred essence for many generations to come."

Mom faced me while other Gods and Goddesses faced my mates, Iain, and Archer- all of them holding our crowns in their hands. "Do all of you vow to make sure that your duties as rulers are met with a stern yet gentle hands?"

"We do," we replied.

"Do you vow to practice fairness to all mankind with the eyes of justice in your hearts?"

"We do."

"Do you vow to show love and kindness to each other and your fellow men?"

"We do."

"Then you are indeed worthy to accept your roles as rulers and mates of the supernatural," Mom finished as She placed the crown on my head. "Once a Moon Wolf ruler that is bonded to his mates and the world, always a Moon Wolf King. May the stars of the sky bless your unions and celebrate with you all."

"Rise," said Alison as she and the other Council members came to join us.

We all stood up, my body feeling grateful after kneeling. "Just a few more minutes," I said quietly to my hidden baby bump. "We're almost there."

"By the powers invested in us by the Council of the Supernatural, the witnessing of the Gods and Goddesses, and the state of Colorado," we announce your unions and your coronation complete," Alison said proudly. "Long live the new royals of the world! Long Live the Moon Wolf Kings and Carson's mates! Three cheers for all!"

"Hip-Hip, Hooray! Hip-Hip, Hooray! Hip-Hip, Hooray!" the congregation cheered as rose petals began to fall from the ceiling. Well done, Eurydice. Nice touch, I said to myself.

The crowd stood up as my mates, Iain, Archer, and I made our way up the aisle to the cheers and smiles of everyone else as we stopped to sign the book of confessions witnessed by the Albritton women and the Hunting matriarchs. Afterward, we stepped outside to face the exuberant crowd as camera lights went off to take pictures of all of us.

"We did it," I heard Dominic say in my ear as he stood at my right and Nicholas at my left. "We're bonded, my love. How does it feel?"

"As I've finally arrived," I replied softly, letting the vampire kiss me much to everyone's delight. "And just in time, too."

"Why?" Alain wanted to know.

I smiled brightly as I faced my mates. "This," I replied. And that's when I sneezed, letting my water break. And that's when they all began to panic. This day can't get any better, folks!

Ooh, wee! It's going to be a fitting ending, y'all, as Carson's sons are coming into the world in the next chapter! This is going to be delightfully funny, so make sure to stick around! We're closer and closer to the end!

Dedication: CathAnneSweetflower.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!