Chapter Forty-Eight

In the days that followed, everyone and anyone in the palace or that stepped inside came over to wish me congratulations on my pregnancy and my incoming nuptials/coronation ceremony with my nine mates. And as word began to spread like wildfire, the royal lessons were more imperative than before as I began to take part in planning for state dinners and talking with interior decorators for planning rooms for more guests as said mates joined Iain and Archer in working with construction workers to expand the palace for their pack members (mainly the warriors and my future in-laws) who were moving in.

And while they knew of my pregnancy, it didn't give me any chance to let Ciara's top warriors, Colin, Clayton, or even Harvey himself to be lenient on my training. In fact, Fianna and her mom herself made sure that I fought my ass off and even tested my strengths in my powers (now fully unlocked since I had mated with my future husbands). From testing my speeds in shifting and teleporting (it was as hard as it looked when Iain and Archer showed me- they also joined in to help) to test my abilities in mutatio (the art of shifting into other animals and choosing two to be my camouflage animal and elementals).

"Some powerful Alphas and the dominant omegas master the art of mutatio," Archer had explained to me during one training session. "Most of the fans think these days that the wolf is the main thing for the werewolves and the bats the symbol for vampires. But in reality, any Alpha in particular can shift into their preferred mutasis. Our Mother herself- when visiting the humans- would choose the dove or a strong thunderstorm as hers."

"Take a few moments to test yours out," Iain instructed me before swiftly shifting into a bighorn sheep, a column of fire, and a roaring lion before returning to his original form. "If you're lucky, you can find your two animals and your elementals to be your mutasis."

And I was indeed lucky. I was able to shift from college-aged teenager to wispy fog, a column of falling snow, and a bolt of lightning before sticking with the lightning and snow as my elementals. Then I shifted into many animals before picking a lone black swan and a gazelle.

And my runs as my wolf and cougar helped me to work on my speed. Anais and Neo were very happy to be let out as they were running with our respective mates Gavin (Dimitriv) and Ferdinand (Antoni). Flying as my angels Seraphiel and Apollyon helped me spend more time with Francisco (Metatron) and Quentin (Harbonah) when I wasn't spending time with Zechariah (Orion) as Gareth or swimming underwater with Alain (Neptune) as Francois. Viktor was just as happy to run through a field with Nicholas (Delphi) while on fire with Cairo singing jazz in my head. As for my wisdom training with Anis? Well, when we weren't sneaking kisses, Hyperion made sure that I was fluent in all of the languages known to man- even the dead ones (I was getting pretty fluent in Akkadian and Babylonian, though I was still lacking in Tamil- a pain to master if you ask me).

*************

And if you thought that the countless gifts from the visiting Alphas and global dignitaries are slowing down, you'd be smarter than that.

As soon as word got around about my pregnancy and coronation/wedding plans, you could bet your bottom dollar that OPULENCE was the category in gift-giving- from vacation homes (that couldn't pale to Clay's gift in the Hamptons alongside the Aston Martin and the yacht he gifted me) and designer clothes for my unborn children to flowers by the dozen and more jewelry that could rival Tiffany and Company and Cartier combined to more cars to fill nine dealerships in three football stadiums twice over. And like before, I was planning to share some of the wealth (save for the baby clothes and gifts) with the world. Colleen fangirled out when I handed her the keys to a new Jaguar SUV and Colin and his girl (who announced their engagement and the latter's pregnancy) were sobbing when I gifted them the deed to a new house in Denver (minutes away from the palace).

**************

"Do you care to know the species of your children?" Dr. Patel asked me as I attended a check-up with Alain and Nicholas accompanying me.

I looked at my merman and hellhound Alphas, who eagerly nodded. "Yes," I said.

A few minutes later, we were staring at the sonogram, my unborn children feeling serene without a care in the world. "Okay, so the first Alpha twins are werewolf-dragon hybrid," the female were-bear said. "The second Alpha twins are a bit tricky as one of them is an angel-demon hybrid and his brother is a wolf-vampire hybrid, so they'll need to control their emotions.

"Alain, you and Francisco will love this: Alpha twins #3 are both mermen-angel hybrids, meaning they'll be the angels in school and they'll definitely be wrangling Alpha twins #4- both of them being demon/hellhound/werecat hybrids, something to make Quentin, Nicholas, and Ferdinand worry their heads off since they'll love to cause trouble. As for Alpha twins #5? We got demigods and vampires in their blood," Dr. Patel said happily. "But as for our little omega? He'll share the same trait as you, Carson- a multi-shifter with a lot of powerful abilities."

By then, my mates and I were blubbering like lovelorn parents who couldn't wait for the news. Even the female doctor herself had a few tears seeping from her eyes as she was smiling. "Thank you," I said.

"Carson, our children are going to be beautiful," Alain said, murmuring a string of Irish-Celtic words of prayer and thanks to my mother. "I thank Her every day that you're my and the others' mate."

"We love you, Carson DuBauer," Nicholas added, placing a chaste kiss on my lips. "We love you for all eternity."

The door to the private infirmary swung open to reveal Yesenia as she held two giant gifts. "You got more presents to unwrap, though I think that you'll want me to burn them," she said flatly. "Guess who they're from?"

I took the card that she handed me and began to read.

Carson, my love.

Not a day goes by without thinking of you. And now that you're about to be welcoming eleven boys, it's more than imperative that I prepare for your arrival. Those mates are too distracting from your REAL mate- me. I alone can make you happy. And soon, we'll be together forever.

Until we meet again, accept my gifts for the pups. And soon, I'll be placing more in your womb so they can claim a part of the world. Think about it, my love.

Yours truly, Ryan Zallenda.

"Burn them," I ordered. "Donate them. I don't care what you do, just keep them away from me. They might be contaminated with-"

"Say no more," Yesenia replied. "Thankfully, the gifts aren't laced with wolfsbane like last time. But I'm not risking anything. I'll gift them to a lone wolf and his family."

I nodded as she walked off.

Of course, Ryan would still be out and watching over me. And soon, I'd have to face the inevitable abduction. But as Mom said, I would have to keep calm and trust in HER plan as well as myself and everyone that I loved. And that included my mates.

"Shall we take your mind off the asshole rogue, pup?" Alain purred seductively in my ear. "We can take a dip in the pool."

"And then, we can let you ride us in the bedroom," Nicholas growled. "Zallenda will never own your tight hole as we will."

The were-bear blushed, fanning herself. "Carson, I suggest that you let your mates take care of you," she said, covering her mouth to stifle her giggles.

"I agree," I replied. "Allez-oop, boys! Saddle up!"

And before my next visit with the wedding planner and Eurydice, I spent my lunchtime in the pool with two powerful Alphas. And they didn't disappoint in keeping me distracted!

Ain't love grand, folks?

Unfortunately, this was the calm before the inevitable storm, meaning that Ryan Zallenda's ready to make his move as the next six chapters will detail the Abduction of Carson Hadley! Don't worry. Ryan will get his just desserts.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!