Chapter Thirty-Four

Ryan's POV

The days that followed your initial transformations were leaving me on high edge, Carson.

I'm getting more and more frustrated every time that I see your face on TV or in the newspaper or even when I hear your voice on the radio with that obnoxious phoenix.

My pack knows of this because I'm snapping at all of them for anything and every little thing that pisses me off- whether it's by accident or intentional. Even the small pups that idolize me and wish for their new Luna to come home are scared of me and they're trained to not show fear.

Right now, I was sulking away in my private den and sipping on a glass of vodka while waiting for one of my Betas to give me the latest news on you and your life this far. I prayed that it would be a rather progressive report because I was chomping on the bit to appear to you and claim you where you stand as your moan and groan my name over and over again.

"Alpha Ryan."

"Enter," I said sternly, grasping onto my shot glass as I noticed Gregor, my trusted Beta and warrior, walk into the room with a look of fear in his eyes as he bowed low. "Do you have any news for me?"

"I do, and it's a big one. You know that Carson was destined to have eight mates, right?"

"Of course," I said, keeping my voice even. "What about it?"

"Well, it turns out that he actually has NINE mates, one of them being Anis, the Sun God and the saint of the witches and phoenixes," he continued. "And he is joining the Eight and claiming our Luna as his mate. With those nine at his side, there's no telling on how powerful Carson will be."

"No!" I growled. "Any news on his upcoming heat?"

"I still have my contacts watching on the date, but it might be in one or two weeks," Gregor answered. "But there's word that our Luna will be planning a shopping spree- under heavy guard, of course- and he might be finding some intimate items to make sure that he is comfortable."

That perked my attitude a little bit. "Good," I said, smirking a little. "Continue to keep an eye out, Gregor. And if you say is true, I will make my move and make sure that Carson is coming home to us. And when he does arrive, I want all of you to treat him like he belongs on my throne- like a future god."

"You will be done," Gregor said.

I poured myself another glass of vodka. "I'm restless for your love, my sweet," I murmured to myself. "There's not a day that goes by when I don't ever think about you. But once you begin preparations to shop for your initial heat, you and I will meet. I plan to get you to come to my side and be as wicked as you please."

I raised my glass high in a toast. "Here's to our first encounter, Carson. And here's to when you will FINALLY become mine."

Somebody give this fool a punch to the nose for me! And unfortunately, folks, it won't be long until he finally meets Carson for the first time, and at the most inappropriate moments no less!

Anyway, the next chapter takes us back to Carson as his nine mates talk dirty about their plans for their mating games with him when his heat kicks in! It's good to add some fluff and puff in the midst of the drama!

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!