Chapter Thirteen

"He's just like the prophecy many have come to believe was a myth," Alain said, looking down in admiration of the comatose young man that he and his friends claim as their mate. "Lips red as a rose. His hair like the night. His skin and eyes like copper pennies that glow in the moonlight."

Alain and his other mates and friends (except Dominic and Zechariah since they needed their rest) were currently back at Carson's side in UC Hospital. It had been two whole weeks since they initially visited the comatose omega and they immediately fell in love at the sight and claiming him as their mate. But since they had received the phone call from Fianna and the Four Aces Pack family, they knew that the Moon Goddess herself had blessed them with a special mate- one that was directly born from her lineage and coming from a powerful dynasty.

And they weren't the only ones who were full of excitement. Since yesterday's phone call, word of Carson's true heritage spread like wildfire across the state of Colorado and soon into every supernatural clan all over the world. And everyone had come from near and far to pay their respects to the broken omega that was scorned by the pariah (Regan) yet blessed by the Moon Goddess.

Of course, it didn't stop a few asshole paparazzi to try and sneak pictures of the sleeping Carson in hopes to pain him as the bad guy as directed by the shady newspapers. But every attempt was blocked by the assigned female guards who had strong words- and fists for any intruder.

And in Carson's room lay every stuffed animal, flower arrangement, cards, monetary gifts, even some jewelry collections and gems that would make every human monarch in the world turn green with envy. Hell, some of the visiting dignitaries went as far as even gifting Carson luxury cars and properties.

"I wonder what's on our sleeping mate's mind as we speak?" Nicholas asked aloud as he fixed the bow of a stuffed zebra wearing a top hat. "I can only imagine all of the sufferings that he went through when he was alive and locked away in the basement of Alpha Ciara's mansion."

"I ask the same thing myself," Francisco replied, turning his attention to a decadent bouquet of lilies in a crystal vase gifted by his mother. "I'm surprised that he didn't kill himself, granted the fact that Harvey and Delia made him swear to keep on fighting and holding on to hope for better days."

"True," Alain replied, narrowing his eyes. "But I still can't believe that such a fool like that wolf would reject a young boy like Carson. I mean, many Alphas today would lie, cheat, steal, and even kill to be in our shoes right about now. And his hatred of omegas and plans to commit genocide is a confirmation that we feared all along."

"And that is?" Gavin asked, though he already had an inkling of the answer.

Alain sighed. "Regan is one of those hardcore extremist wolves who want nothing to do with any omegas at all," he replied, making the other gentlemen growl in anger. "He believes that doing away with all omegas of every species would assure the world of dominance and power."

"The fool," Quentin snarled, letting his black wings flutter. "His mindset is what drove Carson to this point. If it weren't for Metatron wanting to keep me by Carson, I would gladly burn him alive in my prisons back in Hell."

"Agreed," Ferdinand growled, letting his eyes glow gold yet keeping himself from shifting into Antoni. "Let's hope that the wolf is smart enough to remain in the dungeons where he belongs. If he dares cross into this room and kills Carson, I'll go for his throat."